    radius. Some thoughts? Thank you in advance.

    Regards
    Kurt Tragant
    Kurt Tragant, Mar 1, 2004

  2. On 1 Mar 2004 05:35:35 -0800, (Kurt Tragant) wrote:

    ~ Hi list,
    ~
    ~ I try to get into the internet with a V110 cellular. The cellular gets
    ~ an IP and I can ping the cellular from the Cisco. But I can't do
    ~ anything else with the cellular. I think, it doesn't get a default
    ~ route. Other dialin customers on the same router with "normal" ISDN
    ~ and Async connections don't have problems. Users are authenticated via
    ~ radius. Some thoughts? Thank you in advance.
    ~
    ~ Regards
    ~ Kurt Tragant

    Normally dialup PPP clients do not "learn" a default route
    from the router into which they dial, but rather are simply
    manually configured to use their dialup interface as their
    default route. So, this sounds like a personal problem with
    your V.110 client device.
    Aaron Leonard, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Kurt Tragant

    Kurt Tragant Guest

    Hi Aaron,

    > Normally dialup PPP clients do not "learn" a default route
    > from the router into which they dial, but rather are simply
    > manually configured to use their dialup interface as their
    > default route. So, this sounds like a personal problem with
    > your V.110 client device.

    thanks for the answer. Yes, you are right. ;-) Sorry for my mistake
    concerning PPP and default routes. But I've tried with two cellulars
    (Ericsson T66 and Panasonic GD55) - both doesn't work. ;-( Maybe there
    are other ideas?

    Regards
    Kurt Tragant
    Kurt Tragant, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Kurt Tragant

    Kurt Tragant Guest

    > thanks for the answer. Yes, you are right. ;-) Sorry for my mistake
    > concerning PPP and default routes. But I've tried with two cellulars
    > (Ericsson T66 and Panasonic GD55) - both doesn't work. ;-( Maybe there
    > are other ideas?

    Maybe there are some debugging functions on the AS5350? I can ping the
    cellular but how I can get more informations about the communication
    between router, cellular and network? Thanks.

    Regadrs
    Kurt Tragant
    Kurt Tragant, Mar 4, 2004
  5. On 4 Mar 2004 03:50:51 -0800, (Kurt Tragant) wrote:

    ~ > thanks for the answer. Yes, you are right. ;-) Sorry for my mistake
    ~ > concerning PPP and default routes. But I've tried with two cellulars
    ~ > (Ericsson T66 and Panasonic GD55) - both doesn't work. ;-( Maybe there
    ~ > are other ideas?
    ~
    ~ Maybe there are some debugging functions on the AS5350? I can ping the
    ~ cellular but how I can get more informations about the communication
    ~ between router, cellular and network? Thanks.

    Here are some debugs to turn on:

    conf term
    service timestamp debug date msec
    end
    undebug all
    terminal monitor
    debug isdn q931
    debug modem
    debug spe modem statistics
    debug ppp negotiation

    However I don't know how this would explain why the V.110 devices
    don't get a default route, since that is a private matter for
    the client and is not based upon anything the router sends out.

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Mar 4, 2004