AS5300: Weird error message upon booting

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pavlov, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Pavlov

    Pavlov Guest

    I never remember seeing this message until recently. There is some
    info on the Cisco site about it but it isn't really helpful. Please
    have a look below and give me your thoughts please. I have done the
    set-register 0x2102 / 0x2101 trick but it is not stuck in a loop so it
    is for naught. I also can't understand why it's pointing to the
    bootflash and trying to load the mica firmware I have stored there.
    Any ideas? Other than the error messages it boots just fine.

    ==============================

    System Bootstrap, Version 11.2(9)XA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
    Copyright (c) 1997 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    AS5300 platform with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

    loadprog: error - Invalid image for platform

    e_machine = 40, cpu_type = 35

    open: failed to find and/or load the bootloader:
    "bootflash:mica-modem-pw.2.9.4.0.bin"

    loadprog: error - on file open

    boot: cannot load "cisco2-AS5300"

    Pavlov, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Pavlov

    gophone

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I am having a similar issue with my AS5300. It seems to have a corrupt boot flash and it tell me my flash is not valid for this machine. I tried downloading another boot flash using Xmodem but he download does not start. Any suggestions welcome.

    gophone, Sep 21, 2007