    - Pavlov

    Check out my pics!
    http://www.neiu.edu/~akkoziol
    Pavlov, Jun 10, 2004

  2. On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:44:10 -0500, Pavlov <.@.> wrote:

    ~ Damned if I can keep a pair of MICAs on my 5300 above 88% success
    ~ rate. Re-upping firmware and resetting them is useless. Instead of
    ~ marking 'em bad, I'd like to take 'em out of commission permanently.
    ~ Any suggestions? (Yes, firmware is 2.9.5.0)
    ~
    ~ - Pavlov
    ~
    ~ Check out my pics!
    ~ http://www.neiu.edu/~akkoziol

    So what you're saying is that one pair of MICA modem lines
    always shows a CSR of 88% or below, but all the other modem
    lines show a significantly higher CSR? And that despite
    reloading the MICA portware etc., this one particular pair
    continually shows the low CSR?

    If so, this is quite unusual ... but it is conceivable that
    there is bad DSP hardware that just affects two ports out
    of the 6 (12) in the MICA HMM (DMM.)

    You can "bad" these out thus ...

    conf t
    line 7 8
    modem bad

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Pavlov

    Pavlov Guest

    >So what you're saying is that one pair of MICA modem lines
    >always shows a CSR of 88% or below, but all the other modem
    >lines show a significantly higher CSR? And that despite
    >reloading the MICA portware etc., this one particular pair
    >continually shows the low CSR?
    >
    >If so, this is quite unusual ... but it is conceivable that
    >there is bad DSP hardware that just affects two ports out
    >of the 6 (12) in the MICA HMM (DMM.)
    >
    >You can "bad" these out thus ...
    >
    >conf t
    > line 7 8
    > modem bad

    Aaron,

    Thanks for the follow up. I did a reload of my 5300 to make sure I
    wasn't just cracking up or hoping it was just an anomaly but the same
    two culprit modems stay at about %85-86 and never get any high than
    that. Re-dumping the 2.9.5.0 portware doesn't help either. With 192
    lines, I am not too worried about taking them out of service. Maybe
    2.9.6.0 (or whatever may come some day) will fix this goofy problem.
    Thanks much.

    - Pavlov

    Check out my pics!
    http://www.neiu.edu/~akkoziol
    Pavlov, Jun 21, 2004
  4. ~ >So what you're saying is that one pair of MICA modem lines
    ~ >always shows a CSR of 88% or below, but all the other modem
    ~ >lines show a significantly higher CSR? And that despite
    ~ >reloading the MICA portware etc., this one particular pair
    ~ >continually shows the low CSR?
    ~ >
[...]

    I don't think new portware is going to help address this situation
    (and btw 2.9.5.0 is probably the last version of MICA portware that
    will appear) ... this really does sound like a hardware problem.
    If you really had to remedy this, you'd have to replace the DMM
    (12-port module) with the bad port pair.

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Jun 24, 2004