AS-5300: How to bridge two calls from a PC?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ramon F Herrera, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. Hello:

    I have been configuring AS-5300s for years, using them with VoIP and
    connecting them to PBXs. So I am familiar with dial-peers and all that
    jazz.

    The project that I have in mind, however, is a little bit different and
    original and I don't know where to start.

    What I would like to accomplish is as follows: my users will be running
    Adobe Acrobat and certain pages will be associated with phone numbers
    to be dialed (that part obviously doesn't pertain to this NG). When
    the user selects an item from a menu or a toolbar his/her PC should
    initiate a call (which will have to be VoIP, right? I guess that's the
    only way to talk to the router) to the remote destination and another
    call back to the individual user's extension. Both calls will be
    bridged even before they are answered and the PC simply removes itself
    from the remainder of the call.

    That's all I have so far. I have done some simple IVR programming on
    the AS-5300 with Tcl (reject blacklisted calls based on ANI) so I
    guess I could approach the problem from that direction.

    I just don't want to put an VoIP client inside Acrobat only to find out
    that there was a better way.

    Thanks for your insightful comments, tips, URLs, etc.

    -Ramon F Herrera

    Ramon F Herrera, Apr 5, 2005