    edited out!!! My old VHS copy of it is the R-rated version, and the DVD
    claims that it is the R-rated version, which it clearly is not.

    What is Artisan thinking?
    Eric, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Eric

    Wade365 Guest

    << What is Artisan thinking? >>

    Sounds to me like they don't have a lot of faith in the block-bustin' sales
    figures for those titles... I just hate that (not making fun of your taste, I
    really DO hate it when my fav little niche movies get the "fullscreen only/
    poor transfer" respect - I would have bought "Hotdog The Movie" if it had been
    WS).
    Wade365, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Eric

    Mark Gold Guest

    (Wade365) wrote:

    ><< What is Artisan thinking? >>
    >
    >Sounds to me like they don't have a lot of faith in the block-bustin' sales
    >figures for those titles... I just hate that (not making fun of your taste, I
    >really DO hate it when my fav little niche movies get the "fullscreen only/
    >poor transfer" respect - I would have bought "Hotdog The Movie" if it had been
    >WS).

    Artisan also doesn't like the Laurel and Hardy shorts it has the
    American copyrights to.
    Mark Gold, Oct 23, 2003
  4. >><< What is Artisan thinking? >>

    >>Sounds to me like they don't have a lot of faith in the block-bustin' sales
    >>figures for those titles... I just hate that (not making fun of your taste,

    >>really DO hate it when my fav little niche movies get the "fullscreen only/
    >>poor transfer" respect - I would have bought "Hotdog The Movie" if it had

    >been
    >>WS).

    >Artisan also doesn't like the Laurel and Hardy shorts it has the
    >American copyrights to.

    Arrgh, don't get me started on the Laurel and Hardy disc! (You can read our
    review of it in the link below my sig.)

    The only other Artisan disc I own is the "Special Edition" of THE QUIET MAN.
    Terrible. Full of digital distortion and bleeding, over-saturated colors. I
    guess their budget is such that they can't afford for anyone to actually watch
    the discs before the ship 'em out.

    John Larrabee
    Co-founder: Laurel & Hardy Central
    http://laurelandhardycentral.com

    (To respond via e-mail, remove "nixspam")

    "Exit, pursued by a bear"
    John Larrabee, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Y'all mean FARTisan, right? Yeah, they're the pan&scam and open-matte
    lovers' best friend.

    It's me, Billy, Oct 24, 2003
  6. Eric

    napalm68 Guest

    It is incredible to think that these idiots were once a pretty premier DVD
    people in the early days of DVD. Jacobs Ladder and Angel Heart are still two
    brilliant DVDs. Now? What a joke. Even new stuff is getting p&s'ed - when
    they bought out Argento's latest, about a year after the film was released,
    they fooked it.

    napalm68, Oct 24, 2003
  7. Eric

    Eric Guest

    <<Even new stuff is getting p&s'ed - when they bought out Argento's
    latest, about a year after the film was released, they fooked it. >>

    Yes! You are referring to "Sleepless", which was a 1.85:1 movie, but
    cropped to fit my tv. What's worse, the credits are cropped on the
    sides as well, and the "trailer" is in widescreen.

    Eric
    Eric, Oct 24, 2003
  8. Eric

    napalm68 Guest

    Yeah, that was the film. I couldn't remember the english title for it.

    They are truly silly people now. I don't know what they are thinking.

    napalm68, Oct 25, 2003