    2. added my rar-files and par-files as attachment to that one message,
    and started posting it.
    3. Error occurs when posting is almost done "Article to big"
    prk, Apr 24, 2004

  2. prk

    Iceman Guest

    "prk" wrote in message news:...
    > When I try to post rars as attachments with Forte Agent, I only get
    > the message that the article is too big. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > I can see there is people on all groups posting applications and other
    > stuff that is several hundreds of MB big. My postings have only been
    > from about 10 - 30 MB. Guess there is something I'm doing the wrong
    > way.
    >
    > I did it like this:
    >
    > 1. New usenet message
    > 2. added my rar-files and par-files as attachment to that one message,
    > and started posting it.
    > 3. Error occurs when posting is almost done "Article to big"

    Enable the

    Group | [Default] Properties | Send Files
    [x] Send large messages as multiple messages

    setting.

    Your newsserver may be limiting the size of binaries.
    Iceman, Apr 24, 2004

  3. prk

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:23:00 GMT, prk wrote:

    >When I try to post rars as attachments with Forte Agent, I only get
    >the message that the article is too big. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    >I can see there is people on all groups posting applications and other
    >stuff that is several hundreds of MB big. My postings have only been
    >from about 10 - 30 MB. Guess there is something I'm doing the wrong
    >way.

    You need to split the post into sections. Check the group FAQs or ask if
    there are any rules about post sizes/segments.

    One set of guides,
    http://www.mp3-faq.org/faq4.html#4.13

    See Agent Help for the settings in -
    Group (Properties / Default Properties) / Sending Files / Send large
    messages as multiple.

    Also try Power Post, http://www.cosmicwolf.com/power_post_2000.htm
    I haven't use it for a while or since u/g to Agent 2.

    >I did it like this:
    >
    >1. New usenet message
    >2. added my rar-files and par-files as attachment to that one message,
    >and started posting it.

    Each RAR and PAR should be a post each, Power Post does this.

    >3. Error occurs when posting is almost done "Article to big"

    Your ISP/Usenet service will tell you the max limit.

    Me
    why?, Apr 24, 2004