    I click to open them I don't have to keep going to what do I want to open them
    with?
    Thanks

    Rclrk43, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Rclrk43

    Ionizer Guest

    "Rclrk43" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I downloaded some files with the Art extension on them, off the internet

    and
    > everytime I click on one it asks what do I want to open it with? Such as
    > Internet explorer, Paint etc. Is there anyway to just set these files

    so when
    > I click to open them I don't have to keep going to what do I want to

    open them
    > with?

    Right-click one of those files and select "Open with..." Then check the
    box to always use that program.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Rclrk43

    Rclrk43 Guest

    >Right-click one of those files and select "Open with..." Then check the
    >box to always use that program.
    >
    >--
    >Ian.

    I just tried that. And the box that allows me to do that stays grey and won't
    let me put a check mark in it? Even when I highlight the file I want to use.
    I'm using Win2k.
    Thanks

    Rclrk43, Oct 28, 2004