    doS Guest

    from AP:Art Linkletter, who hosted the popular TV shows "People Are Funny"
    and "House Party" in the 1950s and 1960s, has died. He was 97

    doS, May 26, 2010

  2. doS

    chuckcar Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in
    news:rBfLn.10734$%:

    > from AP:Art Linkletter, who hosted the popular TV shows "People Are
    > Funny" and "House Party" in the 1950s and 1960s, has died. He was 97

    Kids say the Darndest things! Those other two no one's even heard of IMHO.

    And Canadian BTW. Born and raised in Moose Jaw Sask.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 28, 2010

  3. doS

    M.L. Guest

    >> from AP:Art Linkletter, who hosted the popular TV shows "People Are
    >> Funny" and "House Party" in the 1950s and 1960s, has died. He was 97
    >>

    >Kids say the Darndest things! Those other two no one's even heard of IMHO.

    Speak for yourself.

    M.L., May 28, 2010
  4. chuckcar wrote:

    > "doS" wrote:
    >> from AP:Art Linkletter, who hosted the popular TV shows "People Are
    >> Funny" and "House Party" in the 1950s and 1960s, has died. He was 97

    > Kids say the Darndest things! Those other two no one's even heard of
    > IMHO.

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0512939/bio
    'Host of two of the longest-running shows in USA broadcast history:
    "House Party" (1952), which ran on CBS radio and TV for 25 years, and
    "People Are Funny" (1954) on NBC radio and TV for 19 years.'

    Your humble opinion does not take into account anyone over the age of,
    oh, about 40.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 28, 2010
  5. doS

    chuckcar Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> "doS" wrote:
    >>> from AP:Art Linkletter, who hosted the popular TV shows "People Are
    >>> Funny" and "House Party" in the 1950s and 1960s, has died. He was 97

    >> Kids say the Darndest things! Those other two no one's even heard of
    >> IMHO.

    > http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0512939/bio
    > 'Host of two of the longest-running shows in USA broadcast history:
    > "House Party" (1952), which ran on CBS radio and TV for 25 years, and
    > "People Are Funny" (1954) on NBC radio and TV for 19 years.'
    >
    > Your humble opinion does not take into account anyone over the age of,
    > oh, about 40.

    You didn't mention his books at all I notice, nor the fact that any
    recent appearances of him on TV were specifically what I mentioned.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 29, 2010
  6. chucktard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> chucktard wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Kids say the Darndest things! Those other two no one's even heard
    >>> of IMHO.

    >> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0512939/bio
    >> 'Host of two of the longest-running shows in USA broadcast history:
    >> "House Party" (1952), which ran on CBS radio and TV for 25 years,
    >> and "People Are Funny" (1954) on NBC radio and TV for 19 years.'
    >>
    >> Your humble opinion does not take into account anyone over the age
    >> of, oh, about 40.
    >>

    > You didn't mention his books at all I notice, nor the fact that any
    > recent appearances of him on TV were specifically what I mentioned.

    That's a backpedal if there ever was one.

    You didn't mention his books either. I was debating you saying no one
    ever heard of his two most famous shows.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 29, 2010