    Running XP pro, Intel Celeron processor, 40GB hard drive, 256 RAM.

    Thanks

    Si

    Si, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Si

    Jamco Guest

    If your talking about the shortcut arrows, tweakXP can remove them

    Jamco, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Si wrote:

    > arrows have mysteriously appeared on my Desktop icons. I have previously
    > used a programme at sometime to remove these arrows before, or I may have
    > tweaked XP.

    > Does anyone know of a programme that can remove them? Or a tweak that will
    > remove them?

    I've never used XP, but TweakUI used to do that, if it's compatible with
    that flavor of Windows.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Si

    Charles Guest

    Get Tweak UI for XP here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310176
    Works Great!!!
    --
    Charles (Bud) :-}
    http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/3705

    :

    Charles, Aug 6, 2004
  5. Si

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:04:42 GMT, "Si" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >arrows have mysteriously appeared on my Desktop icons. I have previously
    >used a programme at sometime to remove these arrows before, or I may have
    >tweaked XP.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a programme that can remove them? Or a tweak that will
    >remove them?
    >
    >Running XP pro, Intel Celeron processor, 40GB hard drive, 256 RAM.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Si

    If you remove the arrow, you can't tell the difference between a shortcut
    and the program. If you accidently delete something, it's preferable to
    delete the shortcut rather than the actual program.

    However, if you insist on removing the arrow, use TweakUI for XP.

    Microsost TweakUI specifically for Windows XP
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    Unk, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Si

    DC Guest

    Unk wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:04:42 GMT, "Si" <> wrote:

    >>Hi

    >>arrows have mysteriously appeared on my Desktop icons. I have previously
    >>used a programme at sometime to remove these arrows before, or I may have
    >>tweaked XP.

    >>Does anyone know of a programme that can remove them? Or a tweak that will
    >>remove them?

    >>Running XP pro, Intel Celeron processor, 40GB hard drive, 256 RAM.

    >>Thanks

    >>Si

    > If you remove the arrow, you can't tell the difference between a shortcut
    > and the program. If you accidently delete something, it's preferable to
    > delete the shortcut rather than the actual program.

    Ah! One of the many wonders of Windows... }:O)

    [...]

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Aug 6, 2004
  7. Si

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:58:44 -0400, Unk <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:04:42 GMT, "Si" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>arrows have mysteriously appeared on my Desktop icons. I have previously
    >>used a programme at sometime to remove these arrows before, or I may have
    >>tweaked XP.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know of a programme that can remove them? Or a tweak that will
    >>remove them?
    >>
    >>Running XP pro, Intel Celeron processor, 40GB hard drive, 256 RAM.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Si
    >>

    >If you remove the arrow, you can't tell the difference between a shortcut
    >and the program. If you accidently delete something, it's preferable to
    >delete the shortcut rather than the actual program.

    That shoudn't be a problem as long as you have confirm before
    delete turned on. Having a backup would be nice as well...just in
    case.

    jimpgh2002, Aug 7, 2004
  8. Si

    sethra Guest

    "Si" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > arrows have mysteriously appeared on my Desktop icons. I have
    > previously used a programme at sometime to remove these arrows before,
    > or I may have tweaked XP.

    Several others have recommended TweakUI for XP. It's not a bad addition,
    but I've used both, and I'd recommend TweakUI v1.33 -- it works with XP
    also, and has several more options than the XP version. You can actually
    use both. The XP version allows you to change options the v1.33 doesn't,
    and vice versa.

    A search on microsoft.com or your favorite search engine should turn up
    dozens of hits for 1.33.

    Cheers,
    ~sethra

    sethra, Aug 7, 2004
  9. Si

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 02:11:32 GMT, sethra <> wrote:

    >"Si" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> arrows have mysteriously appeared on my Desktop icons. I have
    >> previously used a programme at sometime to remove these arrows before,
    >> or I may have tweaked XP.
    >>

    >Several others have recommended TweakUI for XP. It's not a bad addition,
    >but I've used both, and I'd recommend TweakUI v1.33 -- it works with XP
    >also, and has several more options than the XP version. You can actually
    >use both. The XP version allows you to change options the v1.33 doesn't,
    >and vice versa.
    >
    >A search on microsoft.com or your favorite search engine should turn up
    >dozens of hits for 1.33.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >~sethra

    Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
    http://msie.conactive.com/files/powertoys/tweakui.zip

    Unk, Aug 7, 2004
  10. Si

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 7, 2004
  11. Si

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 7, 2004
  12. Si

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 7, 2004
  13. Si

    Scraggy Guest

    Unk wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 19:04:42 GMT, "Si" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> arrows have mysteriously appeared on my Desktop icons. I have
    >> previously used a programme at sometime to remove these arrows
    >> before, or I may have tweaked XP.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a programme that can remove them? Or a tweak
    >> that will remove them?
    >>
    >> Running XP pro, Intel Celeron processor, 40GB hard drive, 256 RAM.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Si
    >>

    > If you remove the arrow, you can't tell the difference between a
    > shortcut and the program. If you accidently delete something, it's
    > preferable to delete the shortcut rather than the actual program.
    > snip

    The Deletion Confirmation/Warning message would still show the difference.
    --
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
    boxing. -- Emo Philips

    Scraggy, Aug 8, 2004