Armada E500 and charging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by armadae500, Feb 11, 2008.

  1. armadae500

    armadae500

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi there guys,
    I have an Armada E500, well actually 2 of them.

    the first one:
    worked fine untill I trashed it with a cup of coffee:oops:
    second one:
    no hard disk, no memory, battery dead (looks a bit melted on the outside, opened up and one of the IC was fried but the cells still hold a charge) and dead monitor

    The first one wasn't even switching on after the coffee so I transfered all the working parts to the second one (HD, memory, panel and batterY).

    Turned it on and it worked instantly BUT,....after plugging in the power cord to charge it doesn't charge! I have to take out the battery of the now working E500 and put it in the now trashed/coffee E500 to charge.

    I checked the board of the second E500 to see if the connection of the power point on the board was faulty: couldn't see any fault.

    Any suggestions? I have no problem taking it to bits.

    Thanks in advvance for the help.

    Kindest regards,
    Andrew
    armadae500, Feb 11, 2008