    No settings changed, all I did was allow the latest update to Thunderbird.
    version 2.0.0.5 (20070716)

    Dammit, what now?
    SG, Jul 22, 2007

  2. SG

    SG Guest

    Nevermind

    It started working after another reboot, glitch I guess?

    SG, Jul 22, 2007

  3. On 2007-07-22, SG <> wrote:

    > Thanks to all the threads this week about webmail I got mine running
    > great and then just now I allowed the latest update in TB and now it
    > won't connect, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    Are we talking about webmail (FireFox) or SMTP/POP3/IMAP mail
    (Thunderbird)?

    > Could not connect to server localhost; connection refused

    Are you running a mail server and/or web server and/or proxy on your
    machine (localhost) through which Firefox (or Thunderbird, as the case
    may be) must travel before getting your webmail or SMTP/POP3/IMAP mail,
    whichever it actually is?

    > WTF!

    Indeed!

    > Dammit, what now?

    More details to clarify which program you are using and what type of
    mail transfer you're trying to use would be helpful.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Jul 22, 2007
  4. SG

    SG Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2007-07-22, SG <> wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks to all the threads this week about webmail I got mine running
    >> great and then just now I allowed the latest update in TB and now it
    >> won't connect, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    > Are we talking about webmail (FireFox) or SMTP/POP3/IMAP mail
    > (Thunderbird)?

    surely you've seen my detraction by now, but to clarify anyway it is the
    WebMail 1.2.3 add-on for Thunderbird
    SG, Jul 22, 2007
  5. SG

    SG Guest

    SG wrote:
    > John Thompson wrote:
    >> On 2007-07-22, SG <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks to all the threads this week about webmail I got mine running
    >>> great and then just now I allowed the latest update in TB and now it
    >>> won't connect, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    >> Are we talking about webmail (FireFox) or SMTP/POP3/IMAP mail
    >> (Thunderbird)?
    >>

    > surely you've seen my detraction by now, but to clarify anyway it is the
    > WebMail 1.2.3 add-on for Thunderbird

    retraction (stupid keyboard ;-)
    SG, Jul 22, 2007