Are you sure you want to send 'Internet Explorer Browser' to the Recycle Bin?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, May 31, 2010.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    Of course I'm sure!!!

    Who the hell would use IE?

    Clearly, not even many folk working for Microsoft (why else would they
    be hard at work developing IE9)?

    So that's the question...

    * do you use IE? If not, what browser do you use?
    * do you work for Microsoft and not use IE? If not, do you complain to
    the IE team to sort out why it must surely be the slowest browser out
    there?

    Is there a slower browser than IE8? (no smartarse IE7 answers thanks :)

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, May 31, 2010

  2. Dave Doe

    Sweetpea Guest

    Re: Are you sure you want to send 'Internet Explorer Browser' tothe Recycle Bin?

    On Mon, 31 May 2010 17:04:34 +1200, Dave Doe wrote:

    > Is there a slower browser than IE8?

    No. MSIE is a pig.

    Sweetpea, May 31, 2010

  3. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Dave Doe wrote:
    > > Of course I'm sure!!!
    > >
    > > Who the hell would use IE?

    > Me
    >
    > >Clearly, not even many folk working for Microsoft (why else would they
    > > be hard at work developing IE9)?

    > Well, maybe a few, like over half the worlds's internet users ?
    >
    > > * do you use IE? If not, what browser do you use?

    > Yes, And 'various' ,but they usually throw up something that sends me back
    > to IE.
    >
    > >o the IE team to sort out why it must surely be the slowest browser
    > > out there?
    > >
    > > Is there a slower browser than IE8? (no smartarse IE7 answers thanks

    > Slower ? My only limit seems to be my ISP speed. And how would you know
    > how 'slow' it is if you don't use it ?

    I do use it - every day. I support it, almost daily.

    Some of the most common problem I get asked to sort out are IE problems
    - "the browser doesn't work anymore". Run up in safe-mode and it's
    fine, disable all the suspicious looking addons, test - usually does the
    job.

    And if the PC's more than a couple years old, I show them how must
    snappier Google Chrome is. 9/10 don't go back and like having a fast
    browser (again).

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Jun 8, 2010