    Frederic
    MCP, i-Net+, CIWA, A+
    http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com
    Frederic, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Frederic

    JS Guest

    i'm studying. do you know the answer to my posting of 10/23 about my Win 98
    Active Desktop problem?

    JS.

    "Frederic" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > It's been a while since I saw messages in this newsgroup saying that

    someone

    JS, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Frederic

    David Guest

    Yep, I'm studying for my A+ certification. I am currently working in
    accounts and have had enough. I play with computers in my spare time, so
    have decided to work in something that might possibly hold my interest.
    So have started studying with COMPUTEACH. Little expensive but they give me
    deadlines which is good. As it makes me meet them.

    Problem I will have of course is when I finish the course, I then have to
    break into IT from an accounts background, with no previous experience,
    Could be difficult, I know.

    But I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing something I'm not
    interested in.

    David, Oct 26, 2003
  4. "JS" <> wrote in message
    > i'm studying. do you know the answer to my posting of 10/23 about my Win

    98
    > Active Desktop problem?
    >
    > JS.
    >
    > "Frederic" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > It's been a while since I saw messages in this newsgroup saying that

    > someone
    > > passed an exam. I'm getting worried
    > > The A+ newsgroup is starting to look like the 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > > newsgroup. Is anyone studying?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Frederic
    > > MCP, i-Net+, CIWA, A+
    > > http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com

    Hard at work here..Although, I'm struggling to get all this to sink in.. Any
    ideas??
    Graham
    graham chapman, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Frederic

    JesseTX Guest

    Busy studying here. You may have noticed some of my other posts
    recently. Here is my study regiment.

    Got the Mike Meyers All-In-One Guide. Did the "pre-test". Read the
    entire guide making notes along the way. Did the end of chapter tests
    as I was going along, and went back and restudied areas for any
    questions I missed. After finishing the book, went back and studied
    my notes (over 100 pages of them). Took the practice exams on the CD
    that came with the book. Scored from the mid 70's to mid 80's on
    those. Made more notes for the questions I missed there and restudied
    those areas. Reviewed those notes.

    Am presently going through the practice exams that come with the Total
    Recall study material. I purchased test vouchers from Total Recall as
    they were a bit cheaper (no tax) than the Total Seminars vouchers.
    The Total Recall vouchers came with the study material. Am doing good
    on some of the Total Recall tests, getting 80 - 95% of the questions
    right. But not so good on other tests; 65 - 75%. I attribute this to
    not actually studying the Total Recall material, but only taking the
    tests. The Total Recall study material covers more than the Mike
    Meyers book, and goes more into depth in some areas. Whether this is
    needed to help pass the tests I don't know. I have found many errors
    in the Total Recall tests, when compared with the material presented
    by Mike Meyers. Right now I am relying on the Mike Meyers book,
    assuming it is correct. When I miss a question on the Total Recall
    tests, I verify it with the Mike Meyers book (if covered there) and
    make new notes to study when I am finished.

    My next step will be to take the "final" exams on the CD that came
    with the Mike Meyers book. After that I will probably look for more
    practice exams on the web, and just keep up the routine I have been
    following to make notes on missed questions and restudy those areas.

    I have both tests scheduled on Nov 14th. I feel I am ready for them
    now, but with all the extra studying between now and then I should be
    even more prepared.

    JesseTX, Oct 26, 2003
  6. Frederic

    Shadooby Guest

    In article <3f9ba293$0$11249$>,
    says...

    >Hard at work here..Although, I'm struggling to get all this to sink in.. Any
    >ideas??
    >Graham

    I had a bit of a studying breakthrough I will share here. When using practice
    exams, such as braindumps, Freecomptia, or any of the ones on the CDs that came
    with my Jean Andrews and Sybex study materials, I noticed that there were
    simple and hard questions in each practice exam. After running through each
    practice exam a couple of times, I realized that I was correctly answering the
    same questions I knew the answers to, while consistently answering most of the
    same ones wrong as I usually did. So the solution was obvious; I copied any
    questions I had any trouble with into Wordpad. Now I only focus on drilling
    myself with THOSE questions. No need to drill myself on questions I always
    answer right, its the ones I frequently answer wrong that need more work!

    This has seriously made a world of difference, and it happened because I
    decided to take an active role in my learning, rather than passively (and
    begrudgingly) slogging through the dry technical reading...
    Shadooby, Oct 26, 2003
  7. Frederic

    jose3030 Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:59:46 GMT, JesseTX <> wrote:

    >Busy studying here. You may have noticed some of my other posts
    >recently. Here is my study regiment.

    <snip>

    You'll be JUST fine, trust me.
    jose3030, Oct 26, 2003
  8. In article <2dGmb.82466$>, Frederic wrote:

    > The A+ newsgroup is starting to look like the 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > newsgroup. Is anyone studying?

    Eeek! Aargh! I'm taking both tests tomorrow morning!

    I've got an AS degree in computers, but never got around to doing the test
    while I was in school, so I'm dusting off stuff I used to know. Using Mike
    Meyers' book; love it, it's better than the text I used in school.

    I'm scoring 100% on all the Meyers practice tests, and 800 on both
    adaptive tests, but I'm worried that that's just because I've got a good
    memory and I've memorized all the questions and answers.

    According to Neil's Braindump, there are a lot more *electrical* and *DOS*
    questions on the test than there are in Meyers. Ohms, farads, using a VOM,
    etc. Lots of DOS memory questions.

    Eeek! Aargh!

    --
    Karen Lofstrom
    Um, mee too, add me to the list, please send me the n3kk1d
    Karen Lofstrom, Oct 31, 2003
  9. Hello Guy!!!!

    I passed A+ Exam!!!!

    I got discounted voucher from www.Getcertified4less.com for only US $95.
    and two vouchers for only 188

    I was able to get more discount when I used
    Poromtion code <b>1188 </b>

    Good Luck

    Network+ voucher, Oct 31, 2003