    I'd be interested in the make and model of your DVD writer that you
    are happy with.

    Regards Brian
    Brian, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Brian

    Bugsy Guest

    Assuming you are talking about PC writers I bought one of the original
    Pioneer A03 units which is still in use today.

    Providing I use well know media brands I normally have no compatability
    issues.

    BTW this unit uses DVD-R/-RW

    Dave

    Bugsy, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Brian

    Skid Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > I'm hoping to buy a DVD writer but have read some comments from people
    > about writing to DVD disks and not being able to read them. Also some
    > brands of DVD disks can't be written to by some DVD writers. I'd like
    > to write video (from my camcorder) to a DVD and be able to play the
    > DVD on a desktop DVD player connected to a television. I'm told that
    > DVD-R (and maybe (DVD-RW) are the best disks to use for this purpose.
    >
    > I'd be interested in the make and model of your DVD writer that you
    > are happy with.

    Love my LiteOn 411S, 4X dual fornat, burns either -R or +R. Cheap, fast and
    reliable, but worth updating the firmware for improved compatibility.
    There's a review at www.cdfreaks.com, and a LiteOn forum.

    Speaking of compatibility, you should go to www.dvdrhelp.com and check your
    player to see which if any formats it will read. There are also guides,
    software downloads and forums full of helpful folks to get you over the
    newbie bumps.
    Skid, Dec 8, 2003