Are you going to buy a Canon camera or lenses with April '05 CiwC rebate?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Zenophobe, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Zenophobe

    Zenophobe Guest

    G'day,

    I inquired about the Canon rebate a few days ago, and thanks to those
    who replied to my questions. In the process of my research, I
    retrieved some information that may, or may not be of help to those
    considering a purchase and using the rebate program to save some
    money. I offer it verbatim (names changed to protect the innocent) as
    given to me and can't/won't vouch for accuracy, as you'll understand
    if you read on.

    To be eligible for the current Cash in with Canon rebate you must
    purchase a camera, lens, or other equipment from an _authorized_ Canon
    camera dealer. My first step was landlining customer service for a
    one to one session. The female rep. immediately directed me to use
    the bricks and mortar 'where to buy' zip code lookup on Canon's web
    site. Been there, done that, no thanks. To cut to the chase, I asked
    if buy.com was authorized and the phone rep. told me, yes they are. I
    said you aren't confusing this with bestbuy.com are you? She said no
    I'm not, with a distinct tone of annoyance in her voice. Okay,
    Amazon, what about amazon? The phone rep. said amazon.com wasn't
    authorized, at first, and then when I pursued her answer for
    correctness, excused herself for a minute (smoke and coffee?),
    rejoined the conversation to say amazon was authorized. This same
    phone rep. who said buy.com is authorized, hasn't networked with the
    email support rep. who sent me the list below. Now you understand my
    confusion, and theirs.

    --------

    Dear Mr. xxx,

    Thank you for writing to us. We value you as a Canon customer and
    appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

    Here is a list of some online Authorized Canon dealers for Canon
    cameras
    and camcorders:

    1. www.bhphotovideo.com
    2. www.amazon.com
    3. www.cdw.com
    4. www.ritzcamera.com
    5. www.dell.com
    6. www.zotzdigital.com
    7. www.officedepot.com
    8. www.staples.com
    9. www.bestbuy.com
    10. www.officemax.com
    11. www.compusa.com
    12. www.costco.com
    13. www.photoalley.com
    14. www.butterflyphoto.com
    15. www.abesofmaine.com
    16. www.buydig.com
    17. www.multiplezones.com
    18. www.onecall.com
    19. www.americantv.com
    20. www.electricsam.com
    21. www.42photo.com
    22. www.beachcamera.com
    23. www.MPSuperstore.com
    24. www.digitalphotoclub.com
    25. www.frontgate.com
    26. www.canogacamera.com
    27. www.expresscameras.com
    28. www.caicameras.com
    29. www.nycv.com
    30. www.jr.com
    31. www.cordcamera.com

    The following is a list of some online stores that are not Canon
    Authorized Dealers:

    1. www.expresscamera.com
    2. www.cameraexpress.com
    3. www.buy.com
    4. www.ebay.com (auction sites)
    5. www.USAPHOTONATION.COM
    6. www.inoax.com
    7. www.fotoconnection.com
    8. www.ccicameracity.com
    9. www.electrodiscounts.com
    10 www.digitalliquidators.com
    11. www.realdealshop.com
    12. www.bestpricecameras.com
    13. www.hotbuyselectronics.com
    14. www.vipcamera.com
    15. www.newegg.com
    16. www.simon.com
    17. www.infinitephoto.com
    18. www.amphotoworld.com
    19. www.royalcamera.com
    20. www.geniuscameras.com
    21. www.shopsunshine.com
    22. www.Us1camera.com

    For further assistance, please call our Canon Pre-Sales Department at
    1(800)652-2666 between 8:00 am and midnight ET, seven days a week. The
    Canon Pre-Sales agents will assist you with product information and
    dealer locations.

    Thank you for choosing Canon.

    Sincerely,

    xxx