Are you feeling old

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bigfred, Jan 20, 2004.

  1. Bigfred

    Bigfred Guest

    Are you feeling old?...

    Bigfred, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Bigfred

    philo Guest

> [...]
    > > up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate live stuff, and although
    > > we
    > > were told it would happen, we did not have very many eyes out, nor did
    > > the live stuff
    > > live inside us forever. We rode bikes in packs of 7 and wore our coats
    > > by only the hood.
    > > Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected.
    > > The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of.
    > > They actually sided with the law. Imagine that!
    > > This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem
    > > solvers and
    > > inventors, ever. The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation
    > > and new ideas.
    > >
    > > We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how
    > > to deal with it all.
    > >
    > > And you're one of them. Congratulations!

    <snipped>

    yep that all sounds pretty familiar...

    I think that I really had a wakening when I was on a plane once
    and there was a 9 year old boy sitting next to me.
    Out the windows was a nice full moon.

    So i said to him: "You think there's a man in the moon?"

    He never even looked out the window...he just looked over at me
    like I must have been the stupidest person on Earth and sneered.
    "The moon is nothing but a dead rock, mister !!!!"

    He also told me (and he wasn't BSing)...that his *grandfather* was an
    austronaut. (One of the ones that had gotten killed)

    Wow...I think I felt older than the moon at that point!
    philo, Jan 20, 2004

  3. WHAT IS OLD?????

    "OLD" IS WHEN... Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs
    and make love," and you answer, "Pick one, I can't do
    both!"
    "OLD" IS WHEN.. Your friends compliment you on your
    new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.
    "OLD" IS WHEN.... A sexy babe catches your eye and
    your pacemaker opens the garage door.
    "OLD" IS WHEN... Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles
    out of your face.
    "OLD" IS WHEN. You don't care where your spouse goes,
    just as long as you don't have to go along.
    "OLD" IS WHEN..... You are cautioned to slow down by
    the doctor instead of by the police.
    "OLD" IS WHEN..... "Getting a little action" means I
    don't need to take any fiber today.
    "OLD" IS WHEN..... "Getting lucky" means you find your
    car in the parking lot.
    "OLD" IS WHEN..... An "all-nighter" means not getting
    up to pee.

    --

    Kenny

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny Cargill, Jan 20, 2004
  4. Bigfred

    Tim Guest

    Bigfred wrote:
    > Are you feeling old?...

    It's better than the alternative.
    Tim, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Tim wrote:

    >>Are you feeling old?...

    > It's better than the alternative.

    "Life is wasted on the living!" - The Master
    Doctor Who - Fox Pilot Movie

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 21, 2004