Are We being Ripped OFF by all Dealers..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by CSE, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. CSE

    CSE Guest

    After my Limited research into Some Computer Parts Warrantees.

    Most of the Manufacturers are offering from say 2 to 6 years, its listed on
    there Web sites.

    But here you are lucky to get 1 year.

    The Point it is, that the Manufacturer pads a fee onto its produces to cover
    for possibility of warrantee claims

    This is also why Extended Warranties cost extra.

    Only one site that I know of list Warranty details depending on the country..

    That is Creative as the EU has a Minimum of 2 years.

    The Point is we are paying for the 2 to 6 year warranties in the Manufactures
    price and not getting it here..

    And considering we pay a lot more for the products here..

    I do intend to point this out to the Commerce Commission and Fair Go as I
    have been asked to do this..

    NZ the Rip off Country or is it because Kiwis are so Complacent to let this
    to happen..

    CSE, Apr 10, 2005

  2. CSE said the following on 10/04/2005 3:08 p.m.:
    Snipped

    For **** Sake Woger if you are going to post to multiple groups, set a
    follow up to the most relevant group rather than have it cluttering up
    several groups.

    Collector»NZ, Apr 10, 2005

  3. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:16:46 +1200, Collector»NZ <>
    wrote:

    >CSE said the following on 10/04/2005 3:08 p.m.:
    >Snipped
    >
    >For **** Sake Woger if you are going to post to multiple groups, set a
    >follow up to the most relevant group rather than have it cluttering up
    >several groups.

    But how do I do that..?

    I can't do that if I don't know how to..

    CSE, Apr 10, 2005
  4. CSE said the following on 10/04/2005 3:28 p.m.:
    > On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:16:46 +1200, Collector»NZ <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>CSE said the following on 10/04/2005 3:08 p.m.:
    >>Snipped
    >>
    >>For **** Sake Woger if you are going to post to multiple groups, set a
    >>follow up to the most relevant group rather than have it cluttering up
    >>several groups.

    > But how do I do that..?
    >
    > I can't do that if I don't know how to..

    Then Read your help files for forte

    Collector»NZ, Apr 10, 2005
  5. CSE

    Immortal Guest

    Many dealers list products with warrantys greater than 1 year too.
    Why dont you just check the warranty on a product before you purchase it?
    Whats with this warranty fetish youve been going on about lately? you seem to be
    making a big deal about it
    Just buy from a reputable business who list the warrantys and she'll be right
    mate.

    Immortal, Apr 10, 2005
  6. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:27:04 +1200, Immortal <> wrote:

    >Many dealers list products with warrantys greater than 1 year too.
    >Why dont you just check the warranty on a product before you purchase it?
    >Whats with this warranty fetish youve been going on about lately? you seem to be
    >making a big deal about it
    >Just buy from a reputable business who list the warrantys and she'll be right
    >mate.

    You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..

    They are normally locked into what the Importer gives, but they can still
    offer more but they don't

    So Ascent , DragonPC , Testech and PP are not reputable according your
    statements

    I have done some research on this, but it looks like you haven't..

    CSE, Apr 10, 2005
  7. CSE

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:44:44 +1200, CSE <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:27:04 +1200, Immortal <> wrote:
    >
    >>Many dealers list products with warrantys greater than 1 year too.
    >>Why dont you just check the warranty on a product before you purchase it?
    >>Whats with this warranty fetish youve been going on about lately? you seem to be
    >>making a big deal about it
    >>Just buy from a reputable business who list the warrantys and she'll be right
    >>mate.

    >You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..

    So you've checked every item by every online retailer?

    You must've missed the 36 month warranty on the HDs @ Advantage, or the 60 month
    warranty on most of the RAM.

    >I have done some research on this, but it looks like you haven't..

    ho-hum

    Invisible, Apr 10, 2005
  8. CSE

    Immortal Guest

    Are you retarded?
    I do deal with Ascent and PP who ARE reputable and provide good service.
    look here... http://www.pp.co.nz/Motherboards-Socket478.php - warrantys are clearly
    listed and most of them are more than one year. Are you blind as well?

    It clearly shows you are the one who has not done any research.

    Immortal, Apr 10, 2005
  9. CSE said the following on 10/04/2005 3:08 p.m.:

    > After my Limited research into Some Computer Parts Warrantees.

    Yes very limited as others have pointed out.

    But also you have very little idea of the computer parts business in NZ.

    Most companies in NZ and that includes the bigger ones can not raise the
    volume of orders to allow them to deal with the manufacture directly
    when buying stock. Instead they buy through clearing houses who often
    offer different warrenty than the manufacturer.

    Some clearing houses are owned by the manufactures and often pass on as
    good a warranty as they do for the volume clients who deal directly with
    the manufacturer. Others (Like Century in Hong Kong) buy from
    manufacturers and on sell to small volume buyers but do not pass on the
    original warranty terms from the manufacturer. (Part of the deal that
    allows clearing houses to undercut the manufactures sell price often)

    Now as to the agents in NZ who supposedly represent the manufactures,
    well surprise surprise most of them dont, and only have a license to use
    the name of the manufacture as an agent but buy from the clearing house
    like everyone else whose order volume isnt big enough for a factory order.

    So the case is not as simple as you think.

    How do I know this, well I used to import and sell PC Part for a large
    recognized brand while working for there agent in NZ.

    Collector»NZ, Apr 10, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > CSE said the following on 10/04/2005 3:08 p.m.:
    > Snipped
    >
    > For **** Sake Woger if you are going to post to multiple groups, set a
    > follow up to the most relevant group rather than have it cluttering up
    > several groups.

    Maybe he's on new meds ?

    That was one of the longest, yet still irrelevant, posts from him in a
    while.

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Apr 10, 2005
  11. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:20:38 +1200, Immortal <> wrote:

    >Are you retarded?
    >I do deal with Ascent and PP who ARE reputable and provide good service.
    >look here... http://www.pp.co.nz/Motherboards-Socket478.php - warrantys are clearly
    >listed and most of them are more than one year. Are you blind as well?
    >
    >It clearly shows you are the one who has not done any research.

    So a Fan that has 6 years Factory Warrantee and only has 1 year on there site
    plus the Fans that used to have 2 months, go check on the full list of Items
    not Just ONE..

    Go look at the LIST of PSU's on Ascent, only One has 2 years the Factory gives
    3 Years.

    Sorry Bud you loose.

    CSE, Apr 10, 2005
  12. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:57:45 +1200, Collector»NZ <>
    wrote:

    >CSE said the following on 10/04/2005 3:08 p.m.:
    >>
    >> After my Limited research into Some Computer Parts Warrantees.
    >>

    >Yes very limited as others have pointed out.

    NO IT IS NOT..

    >But also you have very little idea of the computer parts business in NZ.
    >
    >Most companies in NZ and that includes the bigger ones can not raise the
    >volume of orders to allow them to deal with the manufacture directly
    >when buying stock. Instead they buy through clearing houses who often
    >offer different warrenty than the manufacturer.
    >
    >Some clearing houses are owned by the manufactures and often pass on as
    >good a warranty as they do for the volume clients who deal directly with
    >the manufacturer. Others (Like Century in Hong Kong) buy from
    >manufacturers and on sell to small volume buyers but do not pass on the
    >original warranty terms from the manufacturer. (Part of the deal that
    >allows clearing houses to undercut the manufactures sell price often)
    >
    >Now as to the agents in NZ who supposedly represent the manufactures,
    >well surprise surprise most of them dont, and only have a license to use
    >the name of the manufacture as an agent but buy from the clearing house
    >like everyone else whose order volume isnt big enough for a factory order.
    >
    >So the case is not as simple as you think.
    >
    >How do I know this, well I used to import and sell PC Part for a large
    >recognized brand while working for there agent in NZ.

    You will find that this is Illegal as the Manufactures web site list thee in
    most cases years Warrantee period, it does not state that NZ only has one year
    at all at all, or list limitation to the Warrantee, Only Creative does this.

    It would fraudulent to advertise these warrantees..

    The EU has 2 year warrantees as mandatory.

    CSE, Apr 10, 2005
  13. CSE wrote:
    > After my Limited research into Some Computer Parts Warrantees.
    > Most of the Manufacturers are offering from say 2 to 6 years, its listed on
    > there Web sites.
    > But here you are lucky to get 1 year.

    Didn't you post the same thing about a week back?

    > The Point is we are paying for the 2 to 6 year warranties in the Manufactures
    > price and not getting it here..

    you can still make claims to the manufacturer under their warranty, but
    you will have to send it away to them for them to check it out.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 10, 2005
  14. CSE

    shannon Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:20:38 +1200, Immortal <> wrote:
    >

    >>Are you retarded?
    >>I do deal with Ascent and PP who ARE reputable and provide good service.
    >>look here... http://www.pp.co.nz/Motherboards-Socket478.php - warrantys are clearly
    >>listed and most of them are more than one year. Are you blind as well?
    >>
    >>It clearly shows you are the one who has not done any research.

    > So a Fan that has 6 years Factory Warrantee and only has 1 year on there site
    > plus the Fans that used to have 2 months, go check on the full list of Items
    > not Just ONE..
    >
    > Go look at the LIST of PSU's on Ascent, only One has 2 years the Factory gives
    > 3 Years.
    >
    > Sorry Bud you loose.

    The only contract you have for warranty conditions and period is with
    the vendor you paid your money to.
    They in turn have to get the people they paid money to to honour the
    warranty.
    Thats how it works, nothing else matters in law.

    shannon, Apr 10, 2005
  15. CSE

    Immortal Guest

    >> You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..
    >> You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..
    >> You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..

    You said "They are ALL ONE YEAR.."

    I proved you wrong.

    Immortal, Apr 10, 2005
  16. CSE

    Kent Smith Guest

    Immortal wrote:
    >>> You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..
    >>> You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..
    >>> You should check Your Self They are ALL ONE YEAR..

    > You said "They are ALL ONE YEAR.."
    >
    > I proved you wrong.

    Unfounded sweeping generalisations are one of wogers trademarks.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Apr 10, 2005
  17. CSE

    Thor Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:

    >> You said "They are ALL ONE YEAR.."
    >>
    >> I proved you wrong.
    >>

    > Unfounded sweeping generalisations are one of wogers trademarks.
    >

    > -KENT

    That and calling anything that isn't the most expensive and newest in it's
    grade crap.
    Then if something that has gotten the crap grade is said to be fine by
    someone, the usual response is to say it isn't made by the branded
    manufacturer. Rather than actually refuting anyone that disagrees with him
    he shifts the goal posts.

    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~Thor

    Thor, Apr 11, 2005
  18. CSE

    Kent Smith Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > Kent Smith wrote:

    >>> You said "They are ALL ONE YEAR.."
    >>>
    >>> I proved you wrong.
    >>>

    >> Unfounded sweeping generalisations are one of wogers trademarks.
    >>

    >> -KENT

    > That and calling anything that isn't the most expensive and newest in
    > it's grade crap.
    > Then if something that has gotten the crap grade is said to be fine by
    > someone, the usual response is to say it isn't made by the branded
    > manufacturer. Rather than actually refuting anyone that disagrees
    > with him he shifts the goal posts.

    I thought the usual response was to call someone mental?

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Apr 11, 2005
  19. In article <>, says...

    > The only contract you have for warranty conditions and period is with
    > the vendor you paid your money to.
    > They in turn have to get the people they paid money to to honour the
    > warranty.
    > Thats how it works, nothing else matters in law.

    Not been like that for some time. Point in question: if your out-of-
    a-skyline-garage computer shop goes belly up, then the
    agent/assembler/manufacturer of the computer and/or component parts
    have to take over the warranty these days. So you can still get back to
    Seagate/Phillips/etc and ask for warranty service.

    The law was changed that way quite a number of years back now, and there
    was ample discussion of it. Unless they have very very quietly changed
    it back .......

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Apr 11, 2005
  20. CSE

    ~misfit~ Guest

    CSE wrote:

    *Crap*

    Why do I have to killfile you individually in each newsgroup now? It's damn
    annoying and it never used to be like this.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Apr 11, 2005