Are Visual Studio exams still worth doing

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Vijja, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Vijja

    Vijja Guest

    All,
    I am a preparing for the exam 70-175, Distributed
    Applications with MS Visual Basic 6.0. I have no
    experience in .NET but have couple years development
    experience oin VB 6.0. Hence I chose this exam.

    I now know that these exams are to be phased out in June
    2004. It is too late for me now not to do this exam as I
    have covered mostof the material for this exam. Once I
    have done this what route should I take?

    Can I not mix some .NET exams @ a later stage and still
    get MCSD certification? Is MCSD.Net certification
    separatefrom Visual Studio 6.0.

    Your help will be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Vijja

    Vijja, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Vijja

    Guest Guest

    Your hesitancy is mirrored exactly in the with the same
    attitude that NT4 MCSE's projected when Win 2000 MCSE came
    out. Old technology is just that, old technology. MS has
    made the .NET cert statement for some time now. Either
    move with Technology or get left behind. I say that last
    statement because those same NT4 engineers stated NT4 was
    here to stay for a good long while. Not true as one can
    see as well as most companies even 2 years ago were
    wnating to migrate to 2000. If you need a test to finish
    your cert for MCSD then do it to get it out of the way and
    have a cert but also know one day after your test, you
    will be studying all over for your .NET certs. (Yes it is
    a rat race and yes it is time consuming but you are at the
    beginning of .NET certs now.

    Guest, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Vijja

    Guest Guest

    All,
    Thanks for your advise. I do agree with you and I think I
    will go ahead with the outdated 70-175 exam becuase I will
    probably sit for it in couple of weeks time.

    I am under no illusions as to waht I should pursue next.

    Thanks guys

    Viji

    Guest, Oct 30, 2003