    grind I go. I'm looking forward to getting back in the game.

    Anyone else have a similar experience?

    ges

    The Eagle, Jan 21, 2005

  2. >I haven't posted in here in four years. I lost my consulting business in
    >Orlando shortly after 9/11 happened, and IT jobs here totally dried up. I
    >said, What the hell, let's go back and finish that degree. So I just
    >finished my bachelor's in MIS at the local university, and I have cranked up
    >the home lab and I am working at upgrading my NT 4.0 MCSE. The job postings
    >have increased slightly in this area, but none of the potential employers
    >are particularly impressed with my degree, so back to the old certification
    >grind I go. I'm looking forward to getting back in the game.

    Welcome back Eagle. You will pleasantly surprised to see things have
    changed little during the past four years or so! Still plenty of
    stupid questions from stupid people, still that should give you hope!

    Anyway, Given your pass experience, I find it surprising that little
    attention has been given to you by prospective employers. I guess that
    could be to do the long break from IT you've had. So, make sure your
    résumé states that the reason you took time out was your choice and a
    planned decision to complete your degree.

    Sure things have picked up a little, but you may still have relocate
    to get back into the market.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 22, 2005

  3. The Eagle

    The Eagle Guest

    "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > Sure things have picked up a little, but you may still have relocate
    > to get back into the market.

    Just scored a contract after the third résumé sent! Let's home things keep
    popping!

    ges

    The Eagle, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Great! I had a similar experience post 9/11. I had a profitable computer
    service company. Pre 9/11 I had 3 techs and was billing 11K-15K every two
    weeks. Post 9/11 It was like 1100 to 1500 ever two weeks. Dropped a decimal
    point...OUCH!

    Glad you picked up a contract. I've said it here before, there isn't really
    a lack of jobs in IT right now, more so a lack of "Real" IT people.

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 23, 2005
  5. The Eagle

    Consultant Guest

    my business went downhill during the oj trial. damn you marcia clark, damn
    you all to hell for looking so dead sexy

    Consultant, Jan 24, 2005