    be R Rated are toned down. I assume looking for a PG rating.

    I think we have enough Star Wars crap for the kids. We really
    need more T&A and violence to give the new releases a boost.
    so57th, Oct 26, 2005

  2. so57th

    Jordan Guest

    They go where the money is and the money is with PG-13 right now.

    Top 20 this year:

    1 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith $380,270,577 PG-13
    2 War of the Worlds $234,061,527 PG-13
    3 Wedding Crashers $207,823,254 R
    4 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory $205,698,689 PG
    5 Batman Begins $205,328,644 PG-13
    6 Madagascar $193,202,933 4,142 PG
    7 Mr. & Mrs. Smith $186,171,803 PG-13
    8 Hitch $179,495,555 PG-13
    9 The Longest Yard $158,119,460 PG-13
    10 Fantastic Four $154,494,641 PG-13
    11 Robots $128,200,012 PG
    12 The Pacifier $113,086,868 PG
    13 The 40-Year-Old Virgin $107,107,318 R
    14 Monster-in-Law $82,931,301 PG-13
    15 Are We There Yet? $82,531,160 PG
    16 The Dukes of Hazzard $80,254,591 PG-13
    17 Flightplan $77,908,277 PG-13
    18 March of the Penguins $76,246,657 G
    19 The Ring Two $76,231,249 PG-13
    20 Constantine $75,567,648 R

    So, out of the top 20...
    1 - G rated
    3 - R-rated
    5 - PG-rated
    11 - PG-13

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Oct 27, 2005

  3. so57th

    Bratboy Guest

    Could also be our standards have changed. By that I mean things that a few
    yrs ago were considered R are not seen as such these days. Just look at the
    difference in language usage in films. When I was small things like the F
    word could up a movies rating lvl. Now adays little 5 yr olds know worse
    <shakes head>
    Bratboy, Oct 31, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    Jordan <> wrote:
    >They go where the money is and the money is with PG-13 right now.
    >
    >Top 20 this year:
    >
    >1 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith $380,270,577 PG-13
    >2 War of the Worlds $234,061,527 PG-13
    >3 Wedding Crashers $207,823,254 R
    >4 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory $205,698,689 PG
    >5 Batman Begins $205,328,644 PG-13
    >6 Madagascar $193,202,933 4,142 PG
    >7 Mr. & Mrs. Smith $186,171,803 PG-13
    >8 Hitch $179,495,555 PG-13
    >9 The Longest Yard $158,119,460 PG-13
    >10 Fantastic Four $154,494,641 PG-13
    >11 Robots $128,200,012 PG
    >12 The Pacifier $113,086,868 PG
    >13 The 40-Year-Old Virgin $107,107,318 R
    >14 Monster-in-Law $82,931,301 PG-13
    >15 Are We There Yet? $82,531,160 PG
    >16 The Dukes of Hazzard $80,254,591 PG-13
    >17 Flightplan $77,908,277 PG-13
    >18 March of the Penguins $76,246,657 G
    >19 The Ring Two $76,231,249 PG-13
    >20 Constantine $75,567,648 R
    >
    >So, out of the top 20...
    >1 - G rated
    >3 - R-rated
    >5 - PG-rated
    >11 - PG-13

    The G rated film - March Of The Penguins - was sort of surprise
    hit. And it's a documentary. Very seldom does a documentary -
    a real documentary - become truly popular. It had already finished
    it's inital run in France - where it made back the cost of the film
    - before it ever made it over here to the left side of the pond.

    It's rare for any film to take in 10 times it's production cost.
    And even more so for documentaries.

    If you look at the documentary catgory on IMDB you willsee that the
    largest majority of documentaries are TV programs.

    Penguins was a true film documentary - in the same way the original
    films such as Nanoock and Grass were.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Nov 12, 2005
  5. so57th

    Guest

    so57th wrote:
    > It seems like more and more movies that you would expect to
    > be R Rated are toned down. I assume looking for a PG rating.
    >
    > I think we have enough Star Wars crap for the kids. We really
    > need more T&A and violence to give the new releases a boost.

    Don't know about R-rated but they are definatly not making as many
    W-rated movies as they did once upon a time!

    W as in Watchable...GOD some of these recent movies are so lame I do
    not even watch them when they showup on the Encore channels!

    You know as I think on it maye UN Rated is now taking the place the R
    rating (especially on the DVD version) as NC-17 once took over for XXX
    ?
    , Nov 13, 2005