Are these Win XP OEMs legit?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by M.L., Apr 9, 2010.

  1. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    M.L., Apr 9, 2010

  2. M.L.

    VanguardLH Guest

    M.L. wrote:

    > Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
    > lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
    > realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
    > good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
    > cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
    > legit?
    >
    > http://www.tootoomart.com/product-3... Professional SP2 OEM with COA full VERSION /
    >
    > http://moourl.com/rxv5d

    An OEM version that comes with a manual. Uh huh. There's your first clue.

    VanguardLH, Apr 9, 2010

  3. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
    >> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
    >> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
    >> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
    >> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
    >> legit?
    >>
    >> http://www.tootoomart.com/product-3... Professional SP2 OEM with COA full VERSION /
    >>
    >> http://moourl.com/rxv5d

    >An OEM version that comes with a manual. Uh huh. There's your first clue.

    Could you be more specific?

    M.L., Apr 9, 2010
  4. M.L.

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 09/04/2010 03:28, M.L. wrote:

    > Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
    > lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
    > realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
    > good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
    > cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
    > legit?

    Are they an approved and recognised Microsoft OEM distributor?

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 9, 2010
  5. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
    >> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
    >> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
    >> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
    >> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
    >> legit?

    >Are they an approved and recognised Microsoft OEM distributor?

    That's what I'd like to know. How can I tell?

    M.L., Apr 9, 2010
  6. M.L.

    Star@*.* Guest

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:29:02 -0500, "§nühw¤£f" <>
    wrote:

    >M.L. <> clouded the waters of pure thought with

    >>>An OEM version that comes with a manual. Uh huh. There's your
    >>>first clue.

    >> Could you be more specific?
    >>

    >OEMs are for specific branded computers. Its not a "universal
    >install" disk. That said, if you know what yer doing theres a way to
    >get the files off with Nlite or BartPE and make your own slipstreamed
    >version...AFAIK.

    There are OEM versions of Windows which are not for "specific branded
    computers" they are full versions of windows and used by systems
    builders (white box, Ma Pa) builders.

    Art

    Star@*.*, Apr 10, 2010
  7. M.L.

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 09/04/2010 19:05, M.L. wrote:

    >>> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
    >>> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
    >>> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
    >>> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
    >>> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
    >>> legit?

    >> Are they an approved and recognised Microsoft OEM distributor?

    > That's what I'd like to know. How can I tell?

    Oh I don't know but as a wild stab in the dark I'd try talking to Microsoft.

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 12, 2010