    exactly the same, everything works but the first segment of Bonus
    Features. Is it likely that both these DVDs are defective? Has anyone
    else had this problem?

    klim, Jan 4, 2004

  2. klim

    Rich Clark Guest

    "klim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Happy New Year, all. We got a DVD player for Xmas and went to WalMart
    > and bought a widescreen DVD of Seabiscuit. Everything worked fine
    > except that we could not play the first segment of Bonus Features,
    > which has commentary by Gary Ross and Steven Sodeberg. Took the DVD
    > back to WalMart and they replaced it, telling me that they do not give
    > refunds on DVDs or videos, only exchanges. The second DVD behaves
    > exactly the same, everything works but the first segment of Bonus
    > Features. Is it likely that both these DVDs are defective? Has anyone
    > else had this problem?

    Perhaps you weren't grasping that the way this feature works is that you
    turn the commentary "on" and then just play the movie in the regular way.
    You'll hear the commentary instead of the normal soundtrack.

    Often you can simply use the "audio" button on your remote to switch among
    the available soundtracks (including commentaries) as the movie plays. Some
    discs don't allow this, however.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jan 4, 2004