    From: Ms Net Email Storage
    Subject: Report
    Size: 1.5K

    From: Inet Email Service
    Subject: Error Advice
    Size: 139.5K

    Should I delete them?

    Ima

    -----

    Ima Goodlay, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Ima Goodlay

    °Mike° Guest

    If they are unsolicited, and contain attachments, delete them.

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

    ** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    NOD32
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

    KAV
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Norman Virus Control
    http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:49:13 GMT, in
    <>
    Ima Goodlay scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Ima Goodlay

    Jammer Guest

    It looks like these viruses are changing from line and subject line. Im
    getting new ones too.
    Right now I have a few rules made up. There are different rules that help.
    But one of the programs I use
    is http://www.indefense.com and Norton Antivirus. I also have a program
    called deepfeeze which locks the computer.
    To answer your question ,yes delete it.
    Also get http://www.mailwasher.com and the mail before it gets downloaded.

    Good luck,
    Jammer

    In news:,
    Ima Goodlay <> typed: with a :)

    Jammer, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Ima Goodlay

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Ima Goodlay wrote:
    > I've received messages that I didn't opened. These were received
    > through an internet e-mail account which does not scan for virsues.
    >
    > From: Ms Net Email Storage
    > Subject: Report
    > Size: 1.5K
    >
    > From: Inet Email Service
    > Subject: Error Advice
    > Size: 139.5K
    >
    > Should I delete them?
    >
    > Ima
    >
    > Yep they certainly are and it looks like a big new wave of the shits are

    coming.
    Been free of them for nearly a week and just when you thought it was safe to
    Trouble is, this lot appear to have Brains.As fast as you make a message
    rule... the quicker they change their format.
    Have counted 17 seperate blacklists on Mailwasher since yesterday!

    TRADESMAN, Sep 27, 2003
  5. TRADESMAN wrote:

    > Ima Goodlay wrote:
    >> I've received messages that I didn't opened. These were received
    >> through an internet e-mail account which does not scan for virsues.

    >> From: Ms Net Email Storage
    >> Subject: Report
    >> Size: 1.5K

    >> From: Inet Email Service
    >> Subject: Error Advice
    >> Size: 139.5K

    >> Should I delete them?

    >> Ima

    >> Yep they certainly are and it looks like a big new wave of the shits are

    > coming.
    > Been free of them for nearly a week and just when you thought it was safe to
    > Trouble is, this lot appear to have Brains.As fast as you make a message
    > rule... the quicker they change their format.
    > Have counted 17 seperate blacklists on Mailwasher since yesterday!

    While I wasn't one of the 2,000-per-day guys, I got at least a hundred
    of them. Haven't seen any in a couple days, now -- BUT I'm not trying
    to play out-guess-the-Subject-header. I'm server-deleting
    (automatically, on normally-scheduled mail runs, with my email client itself)
    anything that fits these criteria (simplified and pseudo code):

    TO does NOT include any of [three keywords, one of which will be left-of-@ in
    all of my email addresses]

    AND

    SIZE is 140,000-161,000.

    A weird or broken 1.2kb swen got through, a couple of days ago. That's
    it, so far, once I got those size parameters settled.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    NEW 9/25/03:

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 27, 2003