Are there specific Chipset questions on the exam?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by vikenk@aol.com, May 3, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm preparing to take the A+ exam in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to
    prioritize my study time for the most important stuff.

    Will there be questions about specific chipsets? Will I need to know
    things like:

    "Johnny has an SiS648FX Chipset on his motherboard. Which processors
    can he use?"

    "Johnny has an SiS648FX Chipset on his motherboard. Which Northbridge
    controller is in that chipset?"

    I don't want to waste time memorizing Chipsets when it'll be better
    spent on memorizing Com Ports, common I/O's or L2 caches.

    Thanks for any replies?

    Viken.
    , May 3, 2005

  2. Breedo Guest

    When I took the test (1/05), there was nothing specific about chipsets.
    None of the practice tests I took had anything about specific chipsets other
    than some random question about the keyboard controller. But you shouldn't
    worry about which processor can go with which chipset. Sockets and slots,
    on the other hand, is completely different.
    -Breedo_

    Breedo, May 3, 2005

  3. Thank for the reply. I do plan on spending a lot of time on Processors and
    Slots/Sockets.

    BTW, I just realised that in my previous post, I ended the "Thanks for any
    replies" with a question mark! How stupid of me. What I meant was: Thanks
    for any replies!

    Viken

    Viken Karaguesian, May 3, 2005