    the sort & wonder why.

    Anyhoo, I finally found, on-line, a site which sells low-cost software
    to students & has Excel 2003.

    Arcadian, Apr 23, 2007

  2. Arcadian

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Arcadian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I needed the software for Excel 2003 for my home PC because I'm taking
    > an Excel course in school. I find no stores on-line have any, since
    > it's outdated by the Excel 2007 (which is not compatible with my
    > school homework). I personally went to several stores in my area
    > (Office Depot, Circuit City, & Staples in the Seattle area) & found
    > their software selection so narrow. They all have such a small areas
    > devoted to software. With millions of software on this planet & high
    > demand for them, why do these business see little importance in a
    > large software variety? I should think that many entrepreneurs would
    > have seized this opportunity, by now, to set up a stores with all
    > software. I imagine a space, like a bookstore, a huge labyrinth of
    > floor-to-ceiling shelves, full of software. Are there places like
    > that? Since this "Computer Age" began, I've never seen anything of
    > the sort & wonder why.
    >
    > Anyhoo, I finally found, on-line, a site which sells low-cost software
    > to students & has Excel 2003.

    You just answered your own question. People can find anything they want on
    line. Ask one of your teachers to explain to you the cost of opening a store
    to sell something few people are going to bother to come and buy from you
    because they just buy it on line.
    --
    25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
    from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

    Peter Weisbach

    Alex Clayton, Apr 23, 2007

  3. Arcadian

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    I have had much luck on eBay. I purchased new-old versions of Office,
    Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. for WAY BELOW new cost. I have found that for most
    purposes (99% in my case), a few versions behind the current has more or
    less the same features as what I would use in the 2007 versions.

    I still use Excel 5.0 simply because I got it when it was new and never saw
    a need to upgrade. A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet is a spreadsheet. It's
    all relative though, because even my Excel 5.0 is high-tech to say, my
    father, who still keeps actual ledger sheets for his business. (-:

    Ernie

    <>...

    Ernie Werbel, Apr 25, 2007