Are there so many people with fast Internet connections??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by arcturus1111gr@yahoo.gr, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    , Oct 24, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???

    .....gets a headache.

    Dave R knows who, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Martin Francis, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Celcius Guest

    Celcius, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Guest

    On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:49:10 -0400, "Celcius" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???
    >>
    >> http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/OlesOiFwtographies.html
    >>

    >What's the objective?

    To prove that the only thing dimmer than a Mensa member is an
    inconsiderate Greek Mensa member?

    , Oct 25, 2005
  6. Guest

    Objective already stated...

    Why so many people try to load such a heavy page???

    Do standards chamge?

    Do people prefer detailed photographs versus fast loading?

    I am trying to figure it out...

    , Oct 25, 2005
  7. Ron Hunter Guest

    Ron Hunter, Oct 25, 2005
  8. Pete D Guest

    Pete D, Oct 25, 2005
  9. Guest

    Is the Income the reason S. Korea stands so High? Or the cheap Internet
    Access???

    , Oct 25, 2005
  10. On 24 Oct 2005 22:02:12 -0700, wrote:

    >Why so many people try to load such a heavy page???

    How many tried? How many knew what to expect?

    >Do standards chamge?

    Yes.

    >Do people prefer detailed photographs versus fast loading?

    No, they prefer a compromise that's more on the fast loading
    side.

    >I am trying to figure it out...

    Keep trying, but one badly designed page proves nothing, except
    that not all Mensa members are perfect in every respect. :)-)

    Hans-Georg
    ( http://www.michna.com/kenya2005/ - loading slightly faster :)
    ( http://www.michna.com/photos/ - also loading slightly faster)

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Oct 25, 2005
  11. "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "Martin Francis" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Heavy page with many photographs - first in visits in our site...???
    >>>
    >>> http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/OlesOiFwtographies.html
    >>>

    >> Sweet mother of web design...
    >>
    >> Here's your antidote: http://www.sixbysix.co.uk (because we all had 56k
    >> once...)
    >>
    >> Martin

    > Except they cheat because it is only 3 x 3.

    All shot on a Hasselblad, hence the "six by six" moniker. They're acually
    all 398x398 pixels anyway :p

    Martin

    Martin Francis, Oct 25, 2005