    850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard it's
    using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there any
    utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.

    Rats, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Rats

    Ali P Guest

    "Rats" <> wrote in message
    news:c06jae$13mdcf$-berlin.de...
    > I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently running

    an
    > 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard it's
    > using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there any
    > utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.

    Try Aida 32
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    Ali P, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Rats

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ali P wrote:
    > "Rats" <> wrote in message
    >> I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently
    >> running an 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of
    >> motherboard it's using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is
    >> going to be. Are there any utils that can tell me more about my mb
    >> e.g. chipset, make, model etc.
    >>

    > Try Aida 32
    > http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    Or CPU-Z.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Rats

    XPD Guest

    "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    > "Rats" <> wrote in message
    > > I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently running

    > an
    > > 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard

    it's
    > > using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there

    any
    > > utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.
    > >

    > Try Aida 32
    > http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    Run that on my Asus P4B bard and it locks everything.... left it 15mins and
    still didnt unlock. Back to SiSift Sandra I go...

    Im not having much luck with software in 2004 :)

    XPD, Feb 9, 2004
  5. "Rats" <> wrote in

    > I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently
    > running an 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of
    > motherboard it's using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going
    > to be. Are there any utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g.
    > chipset, make, model etc.

    Belarc Informer

    www.belarc.com

    Richard Holmes, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Rats

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Rats" <> wrote in

    > I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently
    > running an 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of
    > motherboard it's using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going
    > to be. Are there any utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g.
    > chipset, make, model etc.

    There are tons of bloated utils that do this, and there is the oldie but
    updated goodies.
    I like h-oda's tool for windows.
    wcpuid
    http://www.h-oda.com

    And I like hwinfo from a floppy. I have not tried the windows version,
    but the dos version works great.
    http://www.hwinfo.com
    I would go with the dos version of HWinfo, and just jot some notes.

    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Rats

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    Rats wrote:
    > I need to upgrade the CPU of one of my computers. It's currently running an
    > 850 Celeron. Unfortunately I can't make out what type of motherboard it's
    > using so I am not sure what the maximum CPU is going to be. Are there any
    > utils that can tell me more about my mb e.g. chipset, make, model etc.

    If, for some reason, none of the other suggestions work you can look for
    the FCC ID on the motherboard and search on that.

    Roger_Nickel, Feb 9, 2004
  8. Rats

    SteveM Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in

    > "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    >> "Rats" <> wrote in message

    SNIP
    ..

    >> Try Aida 32
    >> http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php
    >>

    > Run that on my Asus P4B bard and it locks everything.... left it
    > 15mins and still didnt unlock. Back to SiSift Sandra I go...
    >
    > Im not having much luck with software in 2004 :)

    Try Adia16, the dos version, on a bootable floppy.
    Gives a similar amount of useful info without getting into Windows.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Feb 9, 2004