    Are there any new A+ and Network+'ers out there? Are you going to
    start a career in computers? Or you going to expand your existing
    career? I'm curious to see what people are doing these days. =)
    Steve, Feb 17, 2004

  2. I'm a brand Newbian as far as this A+ stuff goes. I just recently passed the
    hardware test and next week I'm taking
    the software test. When I pass that 'I'll be applying for one of the local
    PC tech jobs in my area. I just missed two in
    Norfolk that, believe it or not, only required A+ cert and an equivalent 6
    months experience and they paid $26 to $28
    an hour! I've never heard of such, particularly in Virginia!

    --
    David Bland

    David BlandIII, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Steve

    Netwerkz Guest

    "David BlandIII" <> wrote in message
    > I'm a brand Newbian as far as this A+ stuff goes. I just recently passed

    the
    > hardware test and next week I'm taking
    > the software test. When I pass that 'I'll be applying for one of the local
    > PC tech jobs in my area. I just missed two in
    > Norfolk that, believe it or not, only required A+ cert and an equivalent 6
    > months experience and they paid $26 to $28
    > an hour! I've never heard of such, particularly in Virginia!
    >
    > --
    > David Bland
    >
    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > > Are there any new A+ and Network+'ers out there? Are you going to
    > > start a career in computers? Or you going to expand your existing
    > > career? I'm curious to see what people are doing these days. =)

    $26-$28 an hour? for a PC Tech? Wow!
    Makes me think it's one of those "find a client we pay
    you a percentage" type jobs.

    I can't imagine a PC Tech with only an A+ and 6 months experience
    making more than $12-$15 per hour and that's high end thses days.

    But if it's legit, I'd say apply now and worry about passing if
    you get an interview.
    Netwerkz, Feb 18, 2004
  4. I ALMOST did that. But I was so far from taking the actual test I decided
    not to perpetrate! :)

    --
    David Bland

    David BlandIII, Feb 18, 2004