    find any drivers for these modems.

    thanks
    danny

    Danny M, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Danny M <> wrote:
    > I just want to know if there are any modems, either internal or
    > external that work with XP64. I don't have access to any high speed
    > connection. I currently have both a US robotics USB and a suprmax
    > internal modem. I can't find any drivers for these modems.
    >
    > thanks
    > danny

    Hi Danny,

    Have a look here, maybe you'll find a driver working with your modem

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?dlcategory=7

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 6, 2005

  3. SmartLink had x64 drivers for there modem, so maybe you want to buy from
    them:
    http://www.smlink.com/objects/SLA56-V4.20.01-MV-XP64Bit.zip

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 6, 2005
  4. Danny M

    John Barnes Guest

    US Robotics 5610B works great out of the box. Full Modem. I haven't found
    anything to get my USB modem working.

    John Barnes, Jun 6, 2005
  5. To the PC manufacturer John, they are the only ones who can come to your
    rescue.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 6, 2005
  6. Danny M

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Broadband is highly recomended if you install Windows XP X64 Edition. There
    are 64 Bit Driver's available for my Intel Dial Up Modem on Intel's Website,
    however the Driver does not install, because it is a Modified OEM (DELL)
    Data Fax Dial Up Modem. It's a good thing that I have Broadband, otherwise
    I would be SOL.

    Kevin Panzke, Jun 7, 2005
  7. Danny M

    John Barnes Guest

    If you are talking about the USB modem with no drivers, the manufacturer
    says too few units to make it worth new drivers.
    I have contacted all the hardware and software manufacturers that I have
    problems with and all either say no plans because too few units to support
    or
    like Microsoft itself with the keyboard and mouse its 'we will have them
    sometime'
    You know when even Microsoft won't support their own operating system no one
    else will. Of course a few gamer associated products, software and hardware
    will since a significant portion of their sales are to state of the art
    gamers, but the rest are smart enough to know its not worth it yet.
    So we wait, and wait etc.

    John Barnes, Jun 7, 2005
  8. This is exactly what I was trying to prove to David Norton, drivers written
    according demand and adoption rate.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 7, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?zqfOoc6XzqPOpM6fzqMgzpQu?=, Jun 7, 2005
  10. Danny M

    Jon Grieve Guest

    While I haven't tried this... I'd say that just about any serial modem
    should be usable with a generic modem driver.

    My point is, a modem "driver" for a serial modem doesn't really do much.
    Surely the "driver" just allows Windows to query "what AT commands
    should I use to initialise this modem?" or "what AT command do I use to
    dial?". The days of wildly-complicated init strings are long-gone,
    surely..? I can't remember a modem that didn't "just work" using AT&F
    to init or ATDT to dial, and this is what the generic drivers have.

    Of course, for (nasty, hateful) WinModems* it is all very different, as
    the driver is tied to the PCI/USB hardware to interface with the DSP on
    the "modem". (Man, I'm loving my "quotes" today, huh?)

    * Note: Many USB modems are also WinModems.

    Jon

    Jon Grieve, Jun 21, 2005