    it. The new battery seems to get me around 3 hours of mobile use out
    of it. Even when it was new, I only got around an hour from it.

    What are the chances of finding a CPU upgrade for the laptop?

    Rudy Lopez, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Rudy,

    Thats a tough one. Most older chipsets for laptops were not meant to
    upgrade to a higher clock speed CPU. If it was a Desktop you might be able
    to find some older accelerator chips that you would place in the CPU socket.
    Being a laptap with condensed space, makes it really hard. Good luck on
    your search.

    Thanks,

    Edward W.

    Edward A. Weissbard, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Rudy Lopez

    Rudy Lopez Guest

    The response seemed to be universal that there are probably no clock
    doubling CPU chips available for this laptop.

    Well, its running Windows 98SE ok.

    I have Office 97 and some older copies of Borland Delphi and Visual
    Basic. The machine can handle all of this older stuff. It's just not
    capable of playing back or streaming video files and web browsing is a
    little clunky.

    I expect Microsoft will eventually cut the umbilical cord
    compatibility wise with Windows 98 and Office 97. At that point I will
    just nurse the the thing along with Linux.

    Rudy Lopez, Oct 5, 2004
  4. "Rudy Lopez" <> wrote in message

    > The response seemed to be universal that there are probably no clock
    > doubling CPU chips available for this laptop.
    >
    > Well, its running Windows 98SE ok.
    >
    > I have Office 97 and some older copies of Borland Delphi and Visual
    > Basic. The machine can handle all of this older stuff. It's just not
    > capable of playing back or streaming video files and web browsing is a
    > little clunky.
    >
    > I expect Microsoft will eventually cut the umbilical cord
    > compatibility wise with Windows 98 and Office 97. At that point I will
    > just nurse the the thing along with Linux.

    Try Moxilla firefox as a browser... you might be pleasantly surprised...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Oct 6, 2004