    --
    Chris Green
    , Nov 11, 2010

  2. In article <>, <> wrote:
    >We have a 4 handset Siemens C475IP set up at home which has worked
    >well for the two or three years that we have had it. I'm thinking of
    >buying another (probably single handset, at the most two) for use on
    >our boat in Belgium.
    >
    >Are there any alternatives around now which are as good and easy to
    >set up etc. or should I just stick with the Siemens?
    >
    >We only actually need VOIP capability as there won't be a PSTN line on
    >the boat (surprisingly!) so a VOIP only phone which can plug into a
    >router would do all that we want. I'd like web set-up like the
    >Siemens though.

    Stick with Siemens.

    Snom have their own range, but I really didn't like them (neither did
    my customers which is more important), so I've stuck with Siemens.

    The Polycom range is rather expensive and really aimed at "the
    enterprise"...

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 11, 2010

  3. Guest

    Gordon Henderson <> wrote:
    > In article <>, <> wrote:
    > >We have a 4 handset Siemens C475IP set up at home which has worked
    > >well for the two or three years that we have had it. I'm thinking of
    > >buying another (probably single handset, at the most two) for use on
    > >our boat in Belgium.
    > >
    > >Are there any alternatives around now which are as good and easy to
    > >set up etc. or should I just stick with the Siemens?
    > >
    > >We only actually need VOIP capability as there won't be a PSTN line on
    > >the boat (surprisingly!) so a VOIP only phone which can plug into a
    > >router would do all that we want. I'd like web set-up like the
    > >Siemens though.

    > Stick with Siemens.
    >
    > Snom have their own range, but I really didn't like them (neither did
    > my customers which is more important), so I've stuck with Siemens.
    >
    > The Polycom range is rather expensive and really aimed at "the
    > enterprise"...

    OK, thanks for the feedback, Siemens it is.

    --
    Chris Green
    , Nov 11, 2010
  4. TheFug Guest

    Op 12-11-2010 1:15, R. Mark Clayton schreef:
    > "Gordon Henderson"<> wrote in message
    >> In article<>,<> wrote:
    >>> We have a 4 handset Siemens C475IP set up at home which has worked
    >>> well for the two or three years that we have had it. I'm thinking of
    >>> buying another (probably single handset, at the most two) for use on
    >>> our boat in Belgium.
    >>>
    >>> Are there any alternatives around now which are as good and easy to
    >>> set up etc. or should I just stick with the Siemens?
    >>>
    >>> We only actually need VOIP capability as there won't be a PSTN line on
    >>> the boat (surprisingly!) so a VOIP only phone which can plug into a
    >>> router would do all that we want. I'd like web set-up like the
    >>> Siemens though.

    >> Stick with Siemens.
    >>
    >> Snom have their own range, but I really didn't like them (neither did
    >> my customers which is more important), so I've stuck with Siemens.
    >>
    >> The Polycom range is rather expensive and really aimed at "the
    >> enterprise"...
    >>
    >> Gordon

    > I agree. There is a more up to date range that can operate six accounts.
    > etc. and does not cost much more.

    or this clone:

    http://www.callvoip.nl/product_info.php?products_id=425&osCsid=opgendddq3vhrasnfdts5sfmi4
    TheFug, Nov 20, 2010