    they offer in the uk, and if youve left why did you leave, what did you
    think the problems were etc,etc

    All points about vonage are welcome,good,bad or otherwise.

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Saleh Jambo

    DMac Guest

    > All points about vonage are welcome,good,bad or otherwise.

    Bad:

    Their monthly subscription is far too expensive - around the £4 mark would
    be better.
    The "bundled" calls don't include calls to mobiles or non-geographic numbers
    so are of limited use / perceived value
    Hardware locked to vonage so a barrier to leaving the service. Must use
    their kit - which is useless for anything else
    No peering arrangements for free calls to other VOIP systems
    £24 disconnection fee (after 14 day trial period)

    Good:

    You get a "proper" 01 or 02 phone no. None of these silly 05xxxx numbers
    that can be expensive to call from a
    mobile - or not included in inclusive minutes.
    999/112 access
    Good range of "star" services included - and the ability to be able to
    predivert to another number should you lose internet
    connectivity / power on your ATA.
    web management

    DMac, Sep 18, 2005

  3. Saleh Jambo

    John Guest

    >As some of you will be aware i am a massive vonage fan as well as a user of
    >their services, i was wondering what other people thought about the service
    >they offer in the uk, and if youve left why did you leave, what did you
    >think the problems were etc,etc
    >
    >All points about vonage are welcome,good,bad or otherwise.

    I've used Vonage for a few months now without any issues. I no longer have any
    other telephone service. Enables me to get the most out of my cable connection.
    I purchased the Staples Vonage router package, cheap enough at £29.99.

    Quality wise, 99% of the time the difference between this and a normal line is
    not noticeable. A couple of times I have had a slight crackling noise on the
    connection, but usually a redial fixed it.
    Quality may improve further when Telewest upgrade my 1meg service to 4meg which
    is supposed to occur over the next few weeks.

    No, no problems here!

    Regards

    John

    John, Sep 18, 2005
  4. Saleh Jambo

    John Guest

    >>As some of you will be aware i am a massive vonage fan as well as a user of
    >>their services, i was wondering what other people thought about the service
    >>they offer in the uk, and if youve left why did you leave, what did you
    >>think the problems were etc,etc
    >>
    >>All points about vonage are welcome,good,bad or otherwise.
    >>

    >I've used Vonage for a few months now without any issues. I no longer have any
    >other telephone service. Enables me to get the most out of my cable connection.
    >I purchased the Staples Vonage router package, cheap enough at £29.99.
    >
    >Quality wise, 99% of the time the difference between this and a normal line is
    >not noticeable. A couple of times I have had a slight crackling noise on the
    >connection, but usually a redial fixed it.
    >Quality may improve further when Telewest upgrade my 1meg service to 4meg which
    >is supposed to occur over the next few weeks.
    >
    >No, no problems here!
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >John

    Further to the above.

    One of the options I would like to see implemented, is the option to block
    anonymous calls, that would be nice.

    The reason I bought my router, is you don't have to pay anything if you
    dis-connect because the gear is yours, okay yes it is tied to Vonage, but this
    can be overcome if necessary, and at the end of the day you end up with a 3port
    router for basically £4.99 when compared with the free vonage package.

    I used to use the Linksys SR41, but I find this 3 port router works fine. I
    have 2 PC's and a Linksys Wifi access point (for my Laptop) connected to it.

    John

    John, Sep 18, 2005
  5. I have been using them for two months now with no real issues, it just
    works!

    In terms of cost you get what you pay for, Vonage is up virtually 100%, the
    additional services are excellent and you use it just like you would your
    regular line.

    When you sign up with them you will get a free linksys ATA/3 port router
    (RT31P2).

    I would recommend them without any hesitation.

    Regards,

    Paul

    Paul Westwell, Sep 18, 2005
  6. Saleh Jambo

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:35:17 GMT, John <>
    wrote:
    >I've used Vonage for a few months now without any issues. I no longer have any
    >other telephone service. Enables me to get the most out of my cable connection.
    >I purchased the Staples Vonage router package, cheap enough at £29.99.

    Well I got up this morning to find our two Vonage lines down but a
    quick FREE call via voipfone to Vonage tech support set matters to
    rights in two minutes flat . Sipgate users could not get their service
    back on line so quickly they cannot even contact Sipgate by phone at
    all .

    , Sep 18, 2005
  7. Saleh Jambo

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:21:21 GMT, "Paul Westwell" <>
    wrote:

    >I would recommend them without any hesitation.

    So would I .

    , Sep 18, 2005
  8. Saleh Jambo

    Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:35:17 GMT, John <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I've used Vonage for a few months now without any issues. I no longer have any
    >>other telephone service. Enables me to get the most out of my cable connection.
    >>I purchased the Staples Vonage router package, cheap enough at £29.99.

    > Well I got up this morning to find our two Vonage lines down but a
    > quick FREE call via voipfone to Vonage tech support set matters to
    > rights in two minutes flat . Sipgate users could not get their service
    > back on line so quickly they cannot even contact Sipgate by phone at
    > all .

    This thread appears to be about Vonage, not Sipgate. Please try to stay
    on-topic.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 18, 2005
  9. Saleh Jambo

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    <> wrote in message

    Notice the uk director of sipgate ivor jones is staying quiet over this.

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 18, 2005
  10. Saleh Jambo

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:13:23 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:35:17 GMT, John <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've used Vonage for a few months now without any issues. I no longer have any
    >>>other telephone service. Enables me to get the most out of my cable connection.
    >>>I purchased the Staples Vonage router package, cheap enough at £29.99.

    >> Well I got up this morning to find our two Vonage lines down but a
    >> quick FREE call via voipfone to Vonage tech support set matters to
    >> rights in two minutes flat . Sipgate users could not get their service
    >> back on line so quickly they cannot even contact Sipgate by phone at
    >> all .

    >This thread appears to be about Vonage, not Sipgate. Please try to stay
    >on-topic.

    What's up Paul do you not agree with anything that points to Vonage
    superior efficiency I was merely pointing out the difference between
    a good voip provider and an extremely bad and inefficient one .
    Just though on all the Sipgate staff will have been given the day off
    to go and vote and then watch the results on German TV .

    , Sep 18, 2005
  11. Saleh Jambo

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:30:41 GMT, "Saleh Jambo" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >Notice the uk director of sipgate ivor jones is staying quiet over this.

    From replies I have seen from him I think we can assume his Sipgate
    service is working exceptionally well it always is !!.
    I don't post here much but from what I have read over the last few
    weeks Jones seems to think that any derogatory posts about Sipgate is
    a sin only redeemable by the saying of a thousand hail Mary's .

    , Sep 18, 2005
  12. Saleh Jambo

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:30:41 GMT, "Saleh Jambo"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Notice the uk director of sipgate ivor jones is staying
    > > quiet over this.
    > >

    > From replies I have seen from him I think we can assume
    > his Sipgate service is working exceptionally well it
    > always is !!.

    Outgoing PSTN is down, they know about it.

    > I don't post here much but from what I have read over the
    > last few weeks Jones seems to think that any derogatory
    > posts about Sipgate is a sin only redeemable by the
    > saying of a thousand hail Mary's .

    If you like.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 18, 2005
  13. Saleh Jambo

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    ivor brown is correct give ita rest will you , we all know your direct
    involvement with sipgate.

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 18, 2005
  14. Saleh Jambo

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    > ivor brown is correct give ita rest will you , we all
    > know your direct involvement with sipgate.

    What is it then..? Prove you know what you think you know, or shut up once
    and for all.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 18, 2005
  15. Saleh Jambo

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    as brown says you cant resist biting can you eyevor.

    i am not the only one who knws the truth babe you know, the reat just sit
    back and watch you makea fool of yoourself

    <plonk>

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 18, 2005
  16. Saleh Jambo

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >

    > as brown says you cant resist biting can you eyevor.

    Not biting, just asking you to prove what you're claiming to know.

    > i am not the only one who knws the truth babe you know,
    > the reat just sit back and watch you makea fool of
    > yoourself
    > <plonk>

    Like I said Stefan, prove it.

    (Please let the <plonk> be real)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 18, 2005
  17. Saleh Jambo

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:24:14 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Saleh Jambo" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> ivor brown is correct give ita rest will you , we all
    >> know your direct involvement with sipgate.

    >What is it then..? Prove you know what you think you know, or shut up once
    >and for all.

    There you go again Jones giving your orders which you are not in
    anyway entitled to give which just proves to me that what people are
    saying about you to be correct .

    , Sep 18, 2005
  18. Saleh Jambo

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:30:30 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Saleh Jambo" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> as brown says you cant resist biting can you eyevor.

    >Not biting, just asking you to prove what you're claiming to know.
    >
    >> i am not the only one who knws the truth babe you know,
    >> the reat just sit back and watch you makea fool of
    >> yoourself
    >> <plonk>

    >Like I said Stefan, prove it.
    >
    >(Please let the <plonk> be real)
    >
    >Ivor

    You don't like people saying what they know to be correct do you Jones
    ..

    , Sep 18, 2005
  19. Saleh Jambo

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > You don't like people saying what they know to be correct
    > do you Jones .

    You can say what you want, all I am asking is that if you are accusing me
    of something you should be able to prove it.

    Can you..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 18, 2005
  20. Saleh Jambo

    Saleh Jambo Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    we dont need to prove a thing lovey, most people know the truth now hive it
    a rest and fess up with the truth before you are exposed on a big scale
    eyevor.

    Saleh Jambo, Sep 18, 2005