    ready?

    thanks

    chris wilson

    Chris, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Chris

    Renata Guest

    I took core on June 6th. I'd say, comparing to All in One, about 65-70%
    of questions were similar to the ones on practice tests (I do have the
    full Total Tester version with 11 exams for both core and OS). About
    5-10% of material I had no clue about at all - as in, not even covered
    in All in One. The rest I would have known if I'd have studied more and
    used my brain better ;)

    Your experience may vary though, as tests differ.

    --Renata
    (P.S. I passed core, and All in One was the only book I used + some
    actual experience building my own computer and solving my mother's
    problems with hers)

    Renata, Jun 17, 2004

  3. On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:10:33 -0400, Chris <> wrote:

    >Hi There
    >
    > I am just trying to figure out if I am ready to write the hardware
    >test or not. Are the questions with the tests include in Mike Meyers
    >Passport 2nd Edition and All in One books comparable to the actual
    >exam. If I can get through them with only missing one or 2 questions
    >per exam would I be ready to write? Any good way to know if you are
    >ready?
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >chris wilson

    How many times have you done the tests? The more often you've done the
    tests, the less valid an indicator they are likely to be.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 17, 2004
  4. "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Hi There
    >
    > I am just trying to figure out if I am ready to write the hardware
    > test or not. Are the questions with the tests include in Mike Meyers
    > Passport 2nd Edition and All in One books comparable to the actual
    > exam. If I can get through them with only missing one or 2 questions
    > per exam would I be ready to write? Any good way to know if you are
    > ready?
    >
    > thanks

    Do the free practice test at techexams.net. I'm not affiliated with them or
    advertising their website, but that is that test is a very good indicator of
    how we'll you'll do on the test. I'd say, if you can get 75%+ on those the
    first time you take it, you should pass. I say 75% because that test is
    harder than the real thing IMHO

    Patrick Michael, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    for the passport book tests I had to install the cd yesterday to take
    the tests so I know that it was first time through. I think I will try
    the suggested online free questions and then decide from there.

    Thanks to everyone for their input

    Chris, Jun 18, 2004