    still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?

    What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking into
    account after sales support)

    ofn01, Jul 18, 2007

  2. ofn01

    Rob Guest

    "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful one).
    >
    > Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay Computers
    > still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?
    >
    > What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking into
    > account after sales support)

    I thought they had closed down, as their lower hutt store isn't their
    anymore.

    Rob, Jul 19, 2007

  3. ofn01

    Kent Smith Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    >> Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful
    >> one). Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay
    >> Computers still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?
    >>
    >> What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking
    >> into account after sales support)
    >>

    > I thought they had closed down, as their lower hutt store isn't their
    > anymore.

    No, they just down lambton quay a bit more - across road from occidental
    bar.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Jul 19, 2007
  4. ofn01

    neutrino Guest

    On Jul 19, 8:56 pm, "Kent Smith" <>
    wrote:
    > Rob wrote:
    > > "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    > >> Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful
    > >> one). Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay
    > >> Computers still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?

    > >> What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking
    > >> into account after sales support)

    Try www.atech.co.nz - there in umm... lemme think now - opposite and
    down a bit from New World up toward Oriental bay.. just slips my mind
    the street name!
    but if it really doesnt HAVE to be Wellington - I'd also recommend
    www.pcsale.co.nz .. their up in Auckland, but have some good
    prices!! neighbor recently got one from them, deleivery from order
    arrived withing a few days, think it was 3 ! :)

    neutrino, Jul 20, 2007
  5. ofn01

    Guest

    On Jul 19, 7:47 am, "ofn01" <> wrote:
    > Looking to get a new PC in the next few months (quite a powerful one).
    >
    > Haven't started reading up on the latest hardware, but are Quay Computers
    > still good? They were when I used them a few years ago?
    >
    > What other good computer builders are there in Wellington? (taking into
    > account after sales support)

    You might look at PB Technology on Vivian street. They will put
    together a computer, and support is good

    , Jul 20, 2007
  6. ofn01

    Rob.S. Guest

    neutrino wrote:
    > On Jul 19, 8:56 pm, "Kent Smith" <>
    > wrote:
    >> Rob wrote:
    >>> "ofn01" <> wrote in message

    > Try www.atech.co.nz - there in umm... lemme think now - opposite and
    > down a bit from New World up toward Oriental bay.. just slips my mind
    > the street name!
    > but if it really doesnt HAVE to be Wellington - I'd also recommend
    > www.pcsale.co.nz .. their up in Auckland, but have some good
    > prices!! neighbor recently got one from them, deleivery from order
    > arrived withing a few days, think it was 3 ! :)

    Atech are in Wakefield St, opposite New World between Blair & Allen St.

    I've dealt with Atech since the mid 90s, but haven't been near them
    (except to buy an lcd monitor last year) for 5 years. Their service used
    to be very good and I've recommended them in the past with no backlash.

    Rob S

    Rob.S., Jul 21, 2007