    recognize and install my printer?(it's a newer model) Or am I screwed?

    Thanks in advance,

    Scott Smith

    Scott R Smith, Jun 24, 2007

  2. Scott R Smith

    XS11E Guest

    "Scott R Smith" <> wrote:

    > Question; Will XP x64 recognize and install my printer?(it's a
    > newer model)

    How can it? The printer drivers are provided to MSFT by the
    manufacturer for inclusion in the OS, if HP hasn't provided drivers for
    your printer they won't be there.

    > Or am I screwed?

    That's between you and your significant other... ;-)

    XS11E, Jun 24, 2007

  3. Scott R Smith

    mikeyhsd Guest

    no way to tell for sure, you might try installing them using compatibility mode.

    "Scott R Smith" <> wrote in message news:%23fYV%...
    Hi Group,

    I just noticed that HP doe not have XP x64 drivers for my printer HP 9650.
    HP has Vista drivers for x64 but not XP x64. Looking a little further on
    HP's site I notice they dont even have XP x64 drivers for there latest
    inkjet printer that will print on 11" x 17"......Question; Will XP x64

    Scott R Smith, Jun 24, 2007
  5. See http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=5297&hl=9650

    The K850 driver is said to work for the 9650.

    Dominic Payer, Jun 24, 2007
  6. Scott R Smith

    John Barnes Guest

    Odds favour the latter. You may be able to find a driver that has
    comparable features and at least be able to use certain functions.

    John Barnes, Jun 24, 2007
  7. Scott R Smith

    mikeyhsd Guest

    go with the 64 bit drivers but try install using xp compatibility mode.

    or as someone else has suggested there is a different printer model driver that works.

    mikeyhsd, Jun 24, 2007
  8. Scott R Smith

    Theo Guest

    There is no such thing as installing 64-bit drivers in the
    "xp compatibility mode." The 64-bit drivers will only load
    in the "native" 64-bit mode.

    Theo, Jun 25, 2007
  9. Hello,
    It should a 64-bit compatible printer driver for his model of printer.
    Meaning the driver may not be available for the exact model that he has,
    but a similar model printer driver may allow most of printer's
    functionality to still work.
    See: 895612 How to find a compatible printer driver for a computer that is
    running a 64-bit version of Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;895612

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]