    ..nz now available for all and sundry?

    Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

    EB

    Evil Bastard, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Evil Bastard

    richard Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:

    > The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
    > .nz now available for all and sundry?
    >
    > Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

    No; you may only register third-level domains in .nz.

    Cheers

    Richard

    richard, Aug 26, 2003

  3. "Evil Bastard" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
    > .nz now available for all and sundry?
    >
    > Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

    Nope. .geek.nz was added to the current 2LD space (org.nz, co.nz, govt.nz,
    net.nz, etc...)

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    mobility, wireless, handhelds: http://www.geekzone.co.nz

    Mauricio Freitas, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Evil Bastard

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:18:17 +1200, Evil Bastard
    <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
    >.nz now available for all and sundry?
    >
    >Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

    No.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Evil Bastard

    DPF Guest

    <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >The recent posts about '.geek.nz' makes me wonder - is the 2LD space on
    >.nz now available for all and sundry?

    Nope. One has to apply for a new 2LD to be created as outlined in the
    policy at http://dnc.org.nz/content/second_level_domains.pdf.

    >Can I now register 'mydomain.nz' now?

    No. However the 2LD policy is being reviewed with one of the possible
    outcomes being to allow registrations at the 2nd level, instead of the
    3rd level. If you have a view on this you'll be able to make a
    submission once public submissions are called for.

    DPF
    --
    Blog: http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz
    E-mail: