    secure any viruses on my system are cleaned? Do I have to reinstall
    windows?

    chris
    chris d, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Apr 1, 2004

  3. On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 05:06:51 -0500, "chris d" <>,wrote:

    >After running the online housecall antivirus scanner, should I be pretty
    >secure any viruses on my system are cleaned? Do I have to reinstall
    >windows?
    >
    >chris

    I would reinstall Windows just in case.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, Apr 1, 2004
  4. chris d

    Tom Guest

    "chris d" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > After running the online housecall antivirus scanner, should I be pretty
    > secure any viruses on my system are cleaned? Do I have to reinstall
    > windows?
    >
    > chris

    Not 100%.
    It's always safe to run a few virus scanners and spyware scanners.

    Try this website for more info;
    http://www.safercomputing.com

    best regards.
    Tom, Apr 1, 2004
  5. chris d

    trout Guest

    chris d wrote:

    > After running the online housecall antivirus scanner, should I be
    > pretty secure any viruses on my system are cleaned? Do I have to
    > reinstall windows?
    >
    > chris

    Always double-check scan results, preferably with a second product;
    especially after an infection.
    Depending upon *what* you've been infected with, necessary files
    *may* be damaged or missing. Maybe. But even if that is the case, there
    could be ways to recover short of extreme measures.
    --
    "At least wait until you have a problem."
    trout, Apr 1, 2004