    If not, which brand/type of DVD-R should I use?
    Thanks in advance.
    David
    David, Feb 4, 2004

  2. David

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: (David)
    Date: Tue, Feb 3, 2004 10:46 PM

    I recently purchased a bunch of Memorex DVD+R discs from Amazon for my
    Panasonic DMR-E80H but it seems that they are not compatible. Anyone
    else with similar experience? I read on Amazon.com that Memorex DVD-Rs
    worked fine, but DVD+R are even better...I guess I made a mistake.
    Dear DMR-E80H owners, do Memorex DVD+R 4x 4.7 GB discs work for you?
    If not, which brand/type of DVD-R should I use?
    Thanks in advance.
    David
    >><BR><BR>

    I don’t understand why you would think that DVD+R disks would work fine on
    your machine when the Panasonic Manual and their WEB site only lists DVD-R?

    I have had good success with Imation, Verbatim, and Fuji. Recently got 50 Fuji
    disks at CompUSA for $99.95 less an instant $40 rebate for a net of $59.95. I
    have had similar buys of Imation and Verbatim. I think Sam’s Club is
    currently selling 25 pack Imation (or is it Verbatim ?) for about $34.95..
    FredBillie, Feb 4, 2004

  3. David

    Guest

    On 3 Feb 2004 20:46:18 -0800, (David) wrote:

    >I recently purchased a bunch of Memorex DVD+R discs from Amazon for my
    >Panasonic DMR-E80H but it seems that they are not compatible. Anyone
    >else with similar experience? I read on Amazon.com that Memorex DVD-Rs
    >worked fine, but DVD+R are even better...I guess I made a mistake.
    >Dear DMR-E80H owners, do Memorex DVD+R 4x 4.7 GB discs work for you?
    >If not, which brand/type of DVD-R should I use?
    >Thanks in advance.
    >David

    My experience has been no panasonic dvd recorders play any + r discs.
    , Feb 5, 2004
  4. "David" <> wrote in message
    | I recently purchased a bunch of Memorex DVD+R discs from Amazon for my
    | Panasonic DMR-E80H but it seems that they are not compatible. Anyone
    | else with similar experience? I read on Amazon.com that Memorex DVD-Rs
    | worked fine, but DVD+R are even better...I guess I made a mistake.
    | Dear DMR-E80H owners, do Memorex DVD+R 4x 4.7 GB discs work for you?
    | If not, which brand/type of DVD-R should I use?

    Short product description:
    Mfr#:DMR-E80H Mfr:panasonic CE
    The Panasonic Progressive-Scan DVD Video Recorder features a built-in 80GB
    hard disk and Time Slip Playback. It records to DVD-RAM and DVD-R discs.

    Ergo: NO DVD+R discs. Not Memorex, nor any other brand.

    JaF
    Just a friend, Feb 6, 2004
  5. David

    Richard C. Guest

    "Just a friend" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    :
    : Short product description:
    : Mfr#:DMR-E80H Mfr:panasonic CE
    : The Panasonic Progressive-Scan DVD Video Recorder features a built-in 80GB
    : hard disk and Time Slip Playback. It records to DVD-RAM and DVD-R discs.
    :
    : Ergo: NO DVD+R discs. Not Memorex, nor any other brand.
    :
    : JaF
    :
    But Memorex does make DVD-R discs (that actually cost less) that he could
    (sorry....did not see original post)
    Richard C., Feb 7, 2004