Are Kodak accessory lenses very useful?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hap Shaughnessy, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. The DX7440 Lens Adapter has finally shown up online at
    http://www.photo123.com/ & https://www.directdial.com/ca/shopkodak/,
    Canada.

    I'm well within budget buying the DX7440 with extra money left over.

    Question: are the RETINAR 37 mm Telephoto and 37 mm Close-Up Lenses
    worth adding to my camera's accessories?

    I mostly shoot family events & portraits / cityscapes / country scenes
    / gardens and wildlife that live in or visit our backyard creek.

    I'm thinking that a telephoto lens may be useful for photos of birds
    and other critters and the close-up lenses would work well for
    capturing flower details.

    The Kodak Canada http://wwwca.kodak.com/ descriptions and sales pitch
    for these digital camera accessories is sketchy at best.

    As an example for the 37 mm telephoto lens they write, "Bring the
    action closer to you without moving at all. This high quality,
    all-glass lens will give your pictures maximum sharpness and
    world-class image quality." What is that? LOL

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    TIA,

    Hap

    Hap Shaughnessy, Sep 8, 2004