    --
    Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
    +49 178 8545053
    Georg Schwarz, Oct 30, 2005

  2. Georg Schwarz

    Roger Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:34:18 +0100,
    (Georg Schwarz) wrote:

    >Are Gizmoproject users reachable via SIP from others who are not
    >currently registered with the Gizmo project? If so, what does their SIP
    >URI look like? does not seem to do the trick.

    The "x"s are digits.
    Roger, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Roger <> wrote:

    > >Are Gizmoproject users reachable via SIP from others who are not
    > >currently registered with the Gizmo project? If so, what does their SIP
    > >URI look like? does not seem to do the trick.

    > The "x"s are digits.

    Thanks. Is this documented and officially supported?

    Georg Schwarz, Oct 31, 2005
  4. (Georg Schwarz) writes:
    > Roger <> wrote:
    >> >Are Gizmoproject users reachable via SIP from others who are not
    >> >currently registered with the Gizmo project? If so, what does their SIP
    >> >URI look like? does not seem to do the trick.

    >> The "x"s are digits.

    > Thanks. Is this documented and officially supported?

    Sipphone (unlike some the bigger players) is a good VOIP citizen and
    allows incoming VOIP calls. The best scoreboard that I've been able
    to find is for who allows direct VOIP calls is the one at sipbroker:

    http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/providerWhitePages

    Pulver / Free-World-Dialup also has one too, but it isn't as complete:

    http://www.freeworlddialup.com/learnmore/features.php?feature=peering

    In addition to software clients, anyone that has programming control
    over their ATA should be able to make direct VOIP calls by using
    either one of the above free services. I don't think one needs to
    register with either one for them to redirect your call for you.

    -wolfgang
    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Oct 31, 2005