    What about the LinkSys wireless routers? I have one of their wired
    ones that I've been using for years.

    , Dec 28, 2007

  2. olfart Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Last winter, TigerDirect was having a deal on routers. You got a
    > D-Link DI-624 wireless router and some security software from CA for
    > about $4.00 after rebates. I tried several times to set it up, with
    > no luck, so I gave up. A few weeks ago I tried again and got it to
    > work...for awhile. It's constantly losing it's connection, even the
    > wired computer disconnects. I read a few reviews of this model at
    > different websites, and it seems I'm not the only one with problems.
    >
    > Is this problem only with the DI-624? How are their other models?
    >
    > What about the LinkSys wireless routers? I have one of their wired
    > ones that I've been using for years.

    have always used Netgear...no prob

    olfart, Dec 28, 2007

  3. old man Guest

    There have been problems with certain routers and specific router chipsets,
    dropping connections
    You've checked Dlink site, updated firmware?

    old man, Dec 28, 2007
  4. sbb78247 Guest

    olfart wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Last winter, TigerDirect was having a deal on routers. You got a
    >> D-Link DI-624 wireless router and some security software from CA for
    >> about $4.00 after rebates. I tried several times to set it up, with
    >> no luck, so I gave up. A few weeks ago I tried again and got it to
    >> work...for awhile. It's constantly losing it's connection, even the
    >> wired computer disconnects. I read a few reviews of this model at
    >> different websites, and it seems I'm not the only one with problems.
    >>
    >> Is this problem only with the DI-624? How are their other models?
    >>
    >> What about the LinkSys wireless routers? I have one of their wired
    >> ones that I've been using for years.

    > have always used Netgear...no prob

    that was helpful seeing how he wants to know about D-LINK

    Now, PP@2k - update your firmware like was suggested by old man - sometimes
    that works a charm

    what kind of range are you talking about anyway? is it relatively close or
    on the other side of your property? how many walls, etc are you going
    through?

    --
    sbb78247

    resident redneck alt.os.windows-xp

    you aint frum 'round here are ya boy!

    sbb78247, Dec 28, 2007
  5. why? Guest

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:54:36 GMT, wrote:

    > Last winter, TigerDirect was having a deal on routers. You got a
    >D-Link DI-624 wireless router and some security software from CA for

    Look to upgrade the firmware. Before that look through D-link support,
    http://support.dlink.com/ make sure you not only get the right model
    DI-624 and any revisions. (plain) + revB and revC 624M and 624S these
    matter. There is also a rev D and E
    http://support.dlink.com/products/revision.asp

    You know the sort of thing, from Dlink support - General Router /
    Troubleshooting / Problems keeping a constant connect to the router

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 28, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:28:37 -0600, "sbb78247" <>
    wrote:

    >olfart wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Last winter, TigerDirect was having a deal on routers. You got a
    >>> D-Link DI-624 wireless router and some security software from CA for
    >>> about $4.00 after rebates. I tried several times to set it up, with
    >>> no luck, so I gave up. A few weeks ago I tried again and got it to
    >>> work...for awhile. It's constantly losing it's connection, even the
    >>> wired computer disconnects. I read a few reviews of this model at
    >>> different websites, and it seems I'm not the only one with problems.
    >>>
    >>> Is this problem only with the DI-624? How are their other models?
    >>>
    >>> What about the LinkSys wireless routers? I have one of their wired
    >>> ones that I've been using for years.

    >> have always used Netgear...no prob

    >that was helpful seeing how he wants to know about D-LINK
    >
    >Now, PP@2k - update your firmware like was suggested by old man - sometimes
    >that works a charm
    >
    >what kind of range are you talking about anyway? is it relatively close or
    >on the other side of your property? how many walls, etc are you going
    >through?

    I was using it in the same room as the router. 10, maybe 12 feet and
    no walls. Signal strenth was at max. Tthe software included Network
    Magic. It would sound a tone each time the connection goes on or off.
    It would beep every 10 or 20 seconds. I finally disabled that so I
    didn't have to listen to it all the time.

    , Dec 28, 2007
  7. Steven Guest

    From personal experience D-link routers are very bad , I had one totally
    lock up on me after I configured port forwarding on it and after pressing
    reset on it and attempting to perform a total router reset it still wouldn't
    unlock so technically it bricked itself besides that one thing the others
    ive had crashed a lot and required a lot of attention.

    With me the solution was buy a Netgear router and its never crashed once ,
    problem now is i have about 3 or 4 dead Dlink routers that cost about £50 a
    piece.

    Steve

    Steven, Dec 28, 2007
  8. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Last winter, TigerDirect was having a deal on routers. You got a
    > D-Link DI-624 wireless router and some security software from CA for
    > about $4.00 after rebates. I tried several times to set it up, with
    > no luck, so I gave up. A few weeks ago I tried again and got it to
    > work...for awhile. It's constantly losing it's connection, even the
    > wired computer disconnects. I read a few reviews of this model at
    > different websites, and it seems I'm not the only one with problems.
    >
    > Is this problem only with the DI-624? How are their other models?
    >
    > What about the LinkSys wireless routers? I have one of their wired
    > ones that I've been using for years.

    Although I have never had any problems with either D-Link or LinkSys
    routers...
    I'm sort of wondering if the $4 price tag was indicative of a bum product?

    philo, Dec 28, 2007
  9. Guest

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:22:21 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Last winter, TigerDirect was having a deal on routers. You got a
    >> D-Link DI-624 wireless router and some security software from CA for
    >> about $4.00 after rebates. I tried several times to set it up, with
    >> no luck, so I gave up. A few weeks ago I tried again and got it to
    >> work...for awhile. It's constantly losing it's connection, even the
    >> wired computer disconnects. I read a few reviews of this model at
    >> different websites, and it seems I'm not the only one with problems.
    >>
    >> Is this problem only with the DI-624? How are their other models?
    >>
    >> What about the LinkSys wireless routers? I have one of their wired
    >> ones that I've been using for years.

    >Although I have never had any problems with either D-Link or LinkSys
    >routers...
    >I'm sort of wondering if the $4 price tag was indicative of a bum product?

    I think I was HAD!

    Actually, the router and the software came to around $80 or $85, then
    all but about $4 was returned in rebates from CA. At least it only
    cost me $4. ;-)

    , Dec 28, 2007
  10. philo Guest

    > >> Is this problem only with the DI-624? How are their other models?
    > >>
    > >> What about the LinkSys wireless routers? I have one of their wired
    > >> ones that I've been using for years.

    > >Although I have never had any problems with either D-Link or LinkSys
    > >routers...
    > >I'm sort of wondering if the $4 price tag was indicative of a bum

    product?

    > I think I was HAD!
    >
    > Actually, the router and the software came to around $80 or $85, then
    > all but about $4 was returned in rebates from CA. At least it only
    > cost me $4. ;-)

    Well maybe the security software is screwing things up???

    philo, Dec 28, 2007
  11. sbb78247 Guest

    philo wrote:

    >>> Although I have never had any problems with either D-Link or LinkSys
    >>> routers...
    >>> I'm sort of wondering if the $4 price tag was indicative of a bum
    >>> product?
    >>>

    >> I think I was HAD!
    >>
    >> Actually, the router and the software came to around $80 or $85, then
    >> all but about $4 was returned in rebates from CA. At least it only
    >> cost me $4. ;-)

    > Well maybe the security software is screwing things up???

    uh, hmmm, ya think so?

    update the fucking firmware for the 3rd time pp@2k

    sbb78247, Dec 29, 2007