    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬
    Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net, Aug 13, 2007

  2. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    meerkat Guest

    <Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > is it possible to put talking books (mp3)on dvd and be able to play
    > them on a cd player? I tried without success on a dvd-rw

    Think carefully Martin.
    CD players Don`t play DVDs. <g>.
    meerkat, Aug 13, 2007

  3. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:03:53 GMT, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

    >Hi
    >is it possible to put talking books (mp3)on dvd and be able to play
    >them on a cd player? I tried without success on a dvd-rw

    If the CD Player can play DVD's, yes.
    Evan Platt, Aug 13, 2007
  4. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Vanguard Guest

    > Hi
    > is it possible to put talking books (mp3)on dvd and be able to play
    > them on a cd player? I tried without success on a dvd-rw

    DVD
    CD

    Do those acronyms look the same? Is your CD player really a CD/DVD
    player? Or, at least, a DVD player to play the DVD you intend to put
    into it? Does your CD and/or DVD player say that it will play .mp3
    files? Only you can answer those questions.
    Vanguard, Aug 13, 2007
  5. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > Hi
    > is it possible to put talking books (mp3)on dvd and be able to play
    > them on a cd player? I tried without success on a dvd-rw

    Everyone has hinted around: I'll come right out and say it. NO.

    See, the hardware of a CD player is not the same as a DVD player. A CD
    player cannot read a DVD disc no matter what you put on it. However, if you
    have a DVD/CD unit, it should read either.

    Now, some CD players WILL play MP3. Both the one in my car and my portable
    player do that. Very nice. But it WON'T read MP3 from a DVD - it's not a DVD
    player. But since I can play MP3, I burn my discs as DATA discs (not audio
    discs) and get many hours on each CDRW for the car. You can try that, IF
    your CD player is designed to handle MP3 files.

    If not, buy a newer player <g>! And there are DVD players for the car too
    now. They may be able to play your MP3 files.
    WhzzKdd, Aug 13, 2007
  6. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:03:53 GMT, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

    >Hi
    >is it possible to put talking books (mp3)on dvd and be able to play
    >them on a cd player? I tried without success on a dvd-rw

    CD players can't read DVD disks.

    >--
    >Martin
    >©¿©¬