    thanks

    Hal
    , Apr 1, 2005

  2. Ian Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > Looks like we are finally moving ahead with a Mitel 3300 and are
    > looking into options. Unified messaging, faxing, softphones are all
    > very expensive. Mitel is SIP compatible so will any third party SIP
    > softphones work with Mitel. Any recommendations?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Hal

    AFAIK They have not launched the SIP gateway yet. So NO the 3300 is
    not SIP compataible, Who told you it was? Mitel do do 2 Sip compatable
    phones but the 3300 is not a SIP switch AFAIK. (And I work with it all
    the time) The SIP gateway will be coming and they did do a sip system,
    The 3300 uses MINET as its VOIP protocol. I would go back to the
    person who told you it was sip compatible and Ask them to demo it to
    you. Dont be supprised when they decline to.

    IAn
    Ian, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    On 1 Apr 2005 04:48:54 -0800, (Ian) wrote:

    > wrote in message news:<>...
    >> Looks like we are finally moving ahead with a Mitel 3300 and are
    >> looking into options. Unified messaging, faxing, softphones are all
    >> very expensive. Mitel is SIP compatible so will any third party SIP
    >> softphones work with Mitel. Any recommendations?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> Hal

    >AFAIK They have not launched the SIP gateway yet. So NO the 3300 is
    >not SIP compataible, Who told you it was? Mitel do do 2 Sip compatable
    >phones but the 3300 is not a SIP switch AFAIK. (And I work with it all
    >the time) The SIP gateway will be coming and they did do a sip system,
    >The 3300 uses MINET as its VOIP protocol. I would go back to the
    >person who told you it was sip compatible and Ask them to demo it to
    >you. Dont be supprised when they decline to.

    Actually I assumed it was because they list all their phones as SIP
    phones. I will have to research it more. Any idea when their gateway
    is coming out?

    thanks

    Hal

    >IAn
    , Apr 1, 2005
  4. JDBalogh Guest

    JDBalogh, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Zebedee Guest

    I would be surprised if Mitel had proper sip compatibility. Definitely not
    from what we've seen.

    Why don't you go for a true sip-based ip pbx?

    Zebedee, Apr 2, 2005
  6. Ian Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 1 Apr 2005 04:48:54 -0800, (Ian) wrote:
    >
    > > wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> Looks like we are finally moving ahead with a Mitel 3300 and are
    > >> looking into options. Unified messaging, faxing, softphones are all
    > >> very expensive. Mitel is SIP compatible so will any third party SIP
    > >> softphones work with Mitel. Any recommendations?
    > >>
    > >> thanks
    > >>
    > >> Hal

    > >AFAIK They have not launched the SIP gateway yet. So NO the 3300 is
    > >not SIP compataible, Who told you it was? Mitel do do 2 Sip compatable
    > >phones but the 3300 is not a SIP switch AFAIK. (And I work with it all
    > >the time) The SIP gateway will be coming and they did do a sip system,
    > >The 3300 uses MINET as its VOIP protocol. I would go back to the
    > >person who told you it was sip compatible and Ask them to demo it to
    > >you. Dont be supprised when they decline to.

    > Actually I assumed it was because they list all their phones as SIP
    > phones. I will have to research it more. Any idea when their gateway
    > is coming out?

    AFAIK only the 5215 (I have one in front of me connected to my
    Asterisk) and 5220 are dual boot. and I belive the Navigator also
    supports SIP.
    As to when the gateway will be avalible not sure and Mitel are getting
    good at late delivery. Its I believe its for terminating SIP not for
    sip sets. But when I saw it, It was in concept stage..

    Ian
    Ian, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Ian Guest

    Re: SIP softphones to try on Mitel

    -spam.invalid (JDBalogh) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Try one of the free SIP softphones from http://www.xten.com/ or
    > http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html . Let us know what you find out!

    Even with out trying them I can tell you they wont work. The 3300 uses
    Minet as its protocol.

    Ian
    Ian, Apr 2, 2005