aRE aLL 32 bIT sOFTWARES cOMPATIBLE aT XP64?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. just want to ask if i can still use all of my 32 bit softy if i use windows
    xp 64bit? especially 32bit anitviruses, video editing softs and more. thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=, Jan 5, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    No on the A/V, Maybe on anything else.

    John Barnes, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Hi Eric, The short answer on this one is no! The majority of the 32 Antivirus
    software is not compatible, (Please search the forums for numerous other
    posts on this subject) as for the other software it will be a case of trying
    it and seeing. Without a comprehensive list of the software that you intend
    on using it would be hard to give a yes / no answer.

    Martin

    =?Utf-8?B?TUdiYXNzYWNl?=, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Hi,

    Most will work but not all. You will need a 64 bit antivirus
    program.

    Ken

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Jan 5, 2006
  5. Please see PlanetAMD64 for forums that discuss software and workarounds
    where needed.

    There are good choices for antivirus (read the other threads in this
    newsgroup on antivirus programs that work and don't work). Video editing
    depends on whether or not there are 64-bit device drivers needed. You need
    to look up your software on the web and see what is x64 compatible.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 5, 2006