    any suggestion is welcome.

    nagarajan(tsn)

    , Jul 4, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi:
    >
    > in 2003 i bought a archos jukebox studio10 with 10gb memory.it has been
    > working well till last week.I do not get any display.i have 6gb of my
    > photos and music.
    >
    > i wrote to the manufaturer who promptly replied that they nolonger have
    > any spares.they do not want to suggest any way out.
    >
    > what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my valuable data?
    >
    > any suggestion is welcome.

    Ah! Another reason to stay with 'mainstream' brands. Oh well.

    Does that model have USB hookups? If you plug it in to your PC, can't you
    copy the memory from the Jukebox to your PC folders? Or is it not powering
    on at all? You really haven't described your problem very well, now have
    you.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005

  3. old jon Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> hi:
    >>
    >> in 2003 i bought a archos jukebox studio10 with 10gb memory.it has been
    >> working well till last week.I do not get any display.i have 6gb of my
    >> photos and music.
    >>
    >> i wrote to the manufaturer who promptly replied that they nolonger have
    >> any spares.they do not want to suggest any way out.
    >>
    >> what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my valuable data?
    >>
    >> any suggestion is welcome.
    >>

    > Ah! Another reason to stay with 'mainstream' brands. Oh well.
    >
    > Does that model have USB hookups? If you plug it in to your PC, can't you
    > copy the memory from the Jukebox to your PC folders? Or is it not powering
    > on at all? You really haven't described your problem very well, now have
    > you.

    Come on TT, someone`s got to have a guess. It might as well be you. <g>.

    old jon, Jul 4, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> hi:
    >>>
    >>> in 2003 i bought a archos jukebox studio10 with 10gb memory.it has been
    >>> working well till last week.I do not get any display.i have 6gb of my
    >>> photos and music.
    >>>
    >>> i wrote to the manufaturer who promptly replied that they nolonger have
    >>> any spares.they do not want to suggest any way out.
    >>>
    >>> what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my valuable data?
    >>>
    >>> any suggestion is welcome.
    >>>

    >> Ah! Another reason to stay with 'mainstream' brands. Oh well.
    >>
    >> Does that model have USB hookups? If you plug it in to your PC, can't you
    >> copy the memory from the Jukebox to your PC folders? Or is it not
    >> powering on at all? You really haven't described your problem very well,
    >> now have you.
    >>

    > Come on TT, someone`s got to have a guess. It might as well be you. <g>.

    Hee hee! "I do not get any display." That just about means nada, doesn't it?
    My guess is the unit needs new batteries.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2005
  5. Guest

    hi thanks for the response.
    it has a usb hook up.there is no power coming from the juke box.
    as such it is not reflected on the my computer page.
    i do not mind opening the box to replace the batteries.
    but the problem is that comp usa has no batteries for this box.plus if
    it does not work after the replacement i will be stuck up.
    i expected a positive response from the manufacturer.i wrote to them
    that i do not want a replacement i want them to help me to reover my
    data.

    tsn

    , Jul 5, 2005