    says .. "limited or no connectivity" while saying at the same time "very
    good" for signal strenght ...

    why is this happening?

    =?Utf-8?B?dHRycnl5dHQ=?=, Sep 15, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dHRycnl5dHQ=?=

    Jeff Durham Guest

    It sounds like authentication is not working. What type of security do you
    have enabled? None, WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-RADIUS, etc.? Have you tried
    deleting your preferred network and then add it again?

    Jeff

    Jeff Durham, Sep 15, 2004

  3. i have tried no authentication and ive tried WEP, the WEP was working before
    i sntalled service pack 2 also .. by deleting the perfered network, is that
    like deleteing it and unchecking automatic and adding it manual?

    =?Utf-8?B?dHRycnl5dHQ=?=, Sep 15, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dHRycnl5dHQ=?=

    Jeff Durham Guest

    That is correct. Just delete it, rescan, and then let XP configure it for
    you. It should determine that WEP is being used and then prompt you to
    enter the key.

    Jeff

    Jeff Durham, Sep 16, 2004