Aptiva 2153-e2u video card upgrade HELP !!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Richard, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Please help,

    I want to upgrade the video card on this computer.Aptiva 2153 E2U

    On it now is the ATI rage pro turbo agp 2x 4 mb onboard chip.

    I have one open PCI slot in the computer.

    I bought a Xtasy Radeon 9100 64 MB PCI card ,

    The problem is that I cannot install the card....

    Let me tell you what am I doing:

    1- going to system , device manager , display adapter,

    I've tried different thing there like clearing the checkbox for "exist in
    all hardware profile" I also tried to remove the rage pro in device manager,
    I also tried both at the same time with no success.

    2- When I install the new card in the PCI slot the computer refuse to boot.

    What am I doing wrong ???????
    Thanks
    Richard
    Richard, Nov 22, 2003