    Thanks for the help in advance.

    Eli Bailey

    , Mar 8, 2006

  2. Crash Gordon Guest

    If you don't need super high scans, just do it at the drugstore. 3.99 a CD
    and what they don't tell ya unless you ask, is that more than one roll will
    fit on the CD, so for my ps snapshots I can sometimes get 3 rolls on one CD
    for 4 bucks. And the quality's fine for web work and snapshots.

    Crash Gordon, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone: I, like many others, have been trying to archive our old
    > photos to digital. I have a scanner with a TPA that is doing a pretty
    > good job of scanning our 35mm negatives. It's taking me forever, but a
    > good investment in time. Anyways, we have about 40 to 50 rolls of APS
    > film in their little rolls. I have contacted several photo places and
    > the cheapest I've been able to find is about $10.00 per roll onto a CD.
    > I don't need prints, just want to get them to digital. Does anyone know
    > a cheaper way? I assume I can't personally do anything with these
    > rolls, correct?
    >
    > Thanks for the help in advance.
    >
    > Eli Bailey

    There is an APS adapter for Nikon film scanners. If you have that many
    rolls, it might be cheaper to get one of them and the adapter.
    Jim

    Jim, Mar 8, 2006
  4. DaveJ Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone: I, like many others, have been trying to archive our old
    > photos to digital. I have a scanner with a TPA that is doing a pretty
    > good job of scanning our 35mm negatives. It's taking me forever, but a
    > good investment in time. Anyways, we have about 40 to 50 rolls of APS
    > film in their little rolls. I have contacted several photo places and
    > the cheapest I've been able to find is about $10.00 per roll onto a CD.
    > I don't need prints, just want to get them to digital. Does anyone know
    > a cheaper way? I assume I can't personally do anything with these
    > rolls, correct?
    >
    > Thanks for the help in advance.
    >
    > Eli Bailey

    Rats Rats Rats Rats.....

    Olympus used to market a scanner (ES-10) which could take APS cartridges,
    review link here: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ES10/ES10A.HTM

    Now you want to know about the "Rats..." thing -
    one on ebay last week
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLYMPUS-ES-10-FILM-SCANNER-PARALLEL-VERSION_W0QQitemZ5
    869835561QQcategoryZ101353QQcmdZViewItem (around £50 - UK seller) maybe
    worth looking for another (would be a bit dubious about a parallel port
    scanner working on XP though... I ran mine on 95/98/ME). Note that the APS
    reader is an add-on, the standard ES-10 was 35mm slide or film and was
    available in Parallel or SCSI.

    DaveJ, Mar 8, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi everyone: I, like many others, have been trying to archive our old
    > photos to digital. I have a scanner with a TPA that is doing a pretty
    > good job of scanning our 35mm negatives. It's taking me forever, but a
    > good investment in time. Anyways, we have about 40 to 50 rolls of APS
    > film in their little rolls. I have contacted several photo places and
    > the cheapest I've been able to find is about $10.00 per roll onto a CD.
    > I don't need prints, just want to get them to digital. Does anyone know
    > a cheaper way? I assume I can't personally do anything with these
    > rolls, correct?

    Eli-

    I have an old film scanner that has an APS adapter. It is a Minolta
    Dimage Dual scanner that uses SCSI to interface with the computer. I
    haven't checked to see if there is a newer version, but would expect to
    find one with USB or FireWire interface.

    I forget what the scanned resolution is, but it is greater than most
    digital cameras. You should consider how high the resolution is from the
    photo places. It is possible they are higher than what you might do at
    home. If they also use software to eliminate dust and scratches, it may
    well be worth their $500 price (minus the cost of home scanning
    equipment).

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Mar 8, 2006
  6. Guest

    Everyone: After weighing my options, I called our local drugstore and
    they will put 50 images on one CD for $4.99. I've got quite a few APS
    rolls, but that will be the most cost effective, as I don't have a
    scanner that will accept an APS attachment and since this is a one shot
    thing, I think that is the best way to go. Thank you everyone for your
    input.

    Eli

    , Mar 8, 2006