(April, 10th) Picture of the Week

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Daniel Rocha, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Daniel Rocha

    Daniel Rocha Guest

    Daniel Rocha, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Daniel Rocha

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:44:33 +0200, "Daniel Rocha"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I would like to show you the picture of the week.
    >
    >A romantic picture taken on a welknown bridge in Paris
    >and in b&w.
    >
    >http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine//
    >
    >Thanks for your attention.
    >
    >Regards,

    I can't help myself ...
    The composition sucks, IMO.
    The couple are dead center horizontally, not an interesting
    composition.
    The light pole is a big distraction.
    The sky is dull, with no contrast with the clouds; it just sits there
    like a pillow, sucking up space and looking like it could provide
    support, but doesn't.
    I suggest a polarizer, and some better cropping. Maybe just replace
    the sky with something that adds interest instead of dead space.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Apr 13, 2006