Approx. Computer Value?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by drummerboy627, May 30, 2005.

  1. I have no idea if this newsgroup is even the appropriate place to post
    this, so I apologize in advance. I am selling my desktop to get a
    laptop, and I was wondering if someone could tell me about how much I
    should ask for my computer.

    Specs:
    Dell Dimension 4550
    Win XP Home (SP1)
    P4 2.53 GHz
    3.5" Floppy Drive
    16x DVD-ROM Drive
    52x24x52x CD-RW Drive
    250MB Zip Drive
    120 GB Hard Drive
    128MB ATI Radeon 9700 TX w/ S-Video, DVI, and VGA ports
    17" MAG Innovision Flat-Screen CRT Monitor (not LCD flat-panel)
    Onboard 10/100 Ethernet Port
    Creative SB Live (Dell-Branded)
    2-Piece Harmon/Kardon Speakers
    11mbps 802.11b D-Link Wireless Network Card
    11mbps 802.11b D-Link Wireless Access Point
    10mbps 4-port network hub
    Wireless KB/Mouse (Logitech)

    Thank you for any help... I honestly have no idea how much this system
    would be valued at now...

    drummerboy627, May 30, 2005

  2. I forgot to mention that it has 512MB of RAM

    drummerboy627, May 30, 2005

  3. drummerboy627

    Mike Guest

    Basically, how long havya had the puter for. Wot does folk in Ur area think
    of Dell Puters. I'd say that tis a package puter. Suggest U look in local
    papers and C wot others R asking for theirs.

    Mike, May 30, 2005
  4. drummerboy627

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:16:15 -0700, drummerboy627 wrote:

    > I have no idea if this newsgroup is even the appropriate place to post
    > this, so I apologize in advance. I am selling my desktop to get a
    > laptop, and I was wondering if someone could tell me about how much I
    > should ask for my computer.
    >
    > Thank you for any help... I honestly have no idea how much this system
    > would be valued at now...

    If you were to download the free Service Pack 2 from Microsoft and make
    sure all your patches and updates are installed and the system is clean
    and quick I would think that starting around $500 would be reasonable.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, May 30, 2005